Author Topic: Christmas All Year - December 2021  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - December 2021
« on: December 04, 2021, 08:59:51 PM »
Wow!  How did it get to be December already? 
Sorry I'm late starting this thread.  We were on vacation, camping in Kissimmee Prairie Preserve.  It was pretty spectacular!  I'll write more in the Private Chat.

December's prompt is :  Use an embossing folder.

That's it.  Use it if you like.  I hope you don't have too many cards left to make and you can start writing them! 
I took all of my cards and address labels camping with us, and did we write any?  No!  Hopefully we will start working on them this week.

Tis the season to be jolly!  Keep it fun!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:02:29 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - December 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 07:52:37 AM »
thanks for the prompt, I am sure I will need a couple last minute, or get a head start on next year :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:26:35 AM »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 11:33:04 PM »
Beautiful cards April!   Your last card?  Yay for you!  Thanks for playing along all year.  You have a wonderful collection of Christmas cards.  Thanks for sharing them here.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
I have to say ... the gallery is just beautiful right now!  Love looking at it.  Thanks everyone.  Keep posting if you are still making.
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »
I made several cards similar to this one, but I don't want to overwhelm our gallery with them.  If interested, you can see them in my scrapbook.com gallery where they are all in one post. 

Spellbinders Merry Stitching Die Set -- Border

I'll be back later with my last Christmas card.  I made seventeen of them in a marathon session. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 09:31:08 PM »
Here are my last Christmas cards for this year.  I am so happy to have finished them.  Today, I signed and attached all the inserts and addressed the envelopes.  My daughter will take them to the post office in the morning.  Yay!

Sizzix Med. Pine Tree & Heated Copper

I am so happy with the way this card turned out.  This is a Loll Thompson design.  How could I go wrong?

Here is what it looks like when following her advice to flatten the die-cut.  It's still pretty, but I prefer it to have more dimension.

Flattened Die-cut

Here are a couple of links to tips from Loll Thompson:

Video Tutorial--Heated Copper Accents

Tips for Using Heating Copper  Scroll down to see the tips.

The first time I heated copper, I was in a class.  We used a candle to heat the copper.  It works.  However, there is soot on the bottom of the piece.  The colors change very fast so I had a lot of blue and silver show up.  The instructor said that if we moved the heat source away from the copper and then tried to go back, we wouldn't be able to get the color to change anymore.  She said the heat tempers the copper.  What she said was true. I tried it.   However, in her video, Loll says you can go back and add more color.  I tried that with the heat gun, and it worked too.  Puzzled.

Daria

« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:34:52 AM by djc »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »
Daria, those are some really interesting techniques to do with copper, thanks for sharing the links

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
Daria, I think your idea to add a cardstock tree behind the copper works great!  Nice rounded edges and gives it substance.  That card is such a pretty design!  Thanks for the links.  Darn, I was at the LSS today.  If I saw this first I would have had to buy a sheet of copper!

You stitched your little fingers off this year!  Beautiful cards! 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 08:21:03 PM »
Connie, thanks for using the embossing folder prompt to it's fullest!  Cool cards! 

I think I made 85 cards this year!  I know I need at least one more, probably more like 5 more!  I have pieces ready for one or two ... Now I just want to be done!  I'm sure you know how that feels, haha!  I went to the post office Monday and Tuesday dropping off cards.

When I went to the LSS today I was tempted by a 6x6 Christmas pad and matching embellishments (Kaiser).  Pretty ... but I resisted.  I have plenty of Christmas stuff and there will be more out next year.  I did buy a Dress My Craft valentine transfer sheet!  Bring on Valentine's Day!  Ha! 
But first, there will be some Christmas gift card holders and tag making.

Thanks for posting your Christmas cards!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 10:07:34 PM »
I believe I have enough done for this year, but I think it doesn't hurt to get a start on next year, it is so nice not to have to rush to make more. There are so many great paper packs with embellishments out there, hard to resist.  Good for you finding some fun things for the next holiday :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 08:40:14 PM »
I'm still thinking about that paper pad I passed up!  Ha!  I have plenty of paper, I have plenty of paper, I have plenty of paper!

I thought I was done ... but no.  I need a few more cards!  Ugh!  I should get at it right now!
Cindi