Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Christmas All Year - December 2021

<< < (2/5) > >>

Iring:
I have to say ... the gallery is just beautiful right now!  Love looking at it.  Thanks everyone.  Keep posting if you are still making.

djc:
I made several cards similar to this one, but I don't want to overwhelm our gallery with them.  If interested, you can see them in my scrapbook.com gallery where they are all in one post. 

Spellbinders Merry Stitching Die Set -- Border

I'll be back later with my last Christmas card.  I made seventeen of them in a marathon session. 

Daria

djc:
Here are my last Christmas cards for this year.  I am so happy to have finished them.  Today, I signed and attached all the inserts and addressed the envelopes.  My daughter will take them to the post office in the morning.  Yay!

Sizzix Med. Pine Tree & Heated Copper

I am so happy with the way this card turned out.  This is a Loll Thompson design.  How could I go wrong?

Here is what it looks like when following her advice to flatten the die-cut.  It's still pretty, but I prefer it to have more dimension.

Flattened Die-cut

Here are a couple of links to tips from Loll Thompson:

Video Tutorial--Heated Copper Accents

Tips for Using Heating Copper  Scroll down to see the tips.

The first time I heated copper, I was in a class.  We used a candle to heat the copper.  It works.  However, there is soot on the bottom of the piece.  The colors change very fast so I had a lot of blue and silver show up.  The instructor said that if we moved the heat source away from the copper and then tried to go back, we wouldn't be able to get the color to change anymore.  She said the heat tempers the copper.  What she said was true. I tried it.   However, in her video, Loll says you can go back and add more color.  I tried that with the heat gun, and it worked too.  Puzzled.

Daria

Conniecrafter:
Daria, those are some really interesting techniques to do with copper, thanks for sharing the links

Conniecrafter:
Here is my first one

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5638#top_display_media

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version