Author Topic: Christmas All Year - January 2022  (Read 728 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - January 2022
« on: January 02, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
Can you believe it?  Here we go again!  :D

Happy New Year!

I've asked Sadie to create a new Christmas All Year 2022 album in the gallery, so watch for that.  If you don't see one, just post in the regular card gallery and tag your card in the Key Words with Christmas 2022.

I have a few challenges for you (and me!).

Here are your prompts, you can use as many as you want, or none :

1.  Use something new that you haven't used yet.  Stamp or any other supply or embellishment, tool etc.

2.  Use a stamp, stamp set or layout idea that you meant to use this year but never got around to.  I have at least two or three stamps/sets I got over the past year or so that I've been meaning to use for Christmas cards, but it just didn't happen.

3.  Technique : dry/pressure embossing

Here is an organizational challenge (just because it's January, don't count on one every month, but who knows?)
Do you have misc. cards that you've had for awhile but never send?  Card parts floating around?  Declutter that box, tray or pile to make room for your new stash!

And one more : do you need to update your address list?  Hopefully you didn't get any cards returned in the mail.  Any people you need to add or cut from your list?

Have fun! 
If you want to comment on any of the above, or state your card goals, please do!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - January 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 03:22:27 PM »
These prompts sound good! Hoping to start soon! I will try to make 5 a month again. I had quite a few left over from last year, but it gives me more to choose from.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 09:58:35 PM »
Such an awesome collection of cards, April!  I loved seeing these.  So happy you were able to use some previously unused embossing folders.  You have some unique folders and you know how to use them!  Thanks for posting!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »
Cindi, that's a lot of good challenges!   #2 has my name written all over it.  However, I doubt it will get done this month.  I did end up making plenty of cards this year, but I made them all very, very late in the year--sheer desperation. 

Thank you for continuing to post this challenge.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »
Yep, that's me.  Good intentions.  I had about 70-80 cards made by Thanksgiving.  I thought I was ahead of the game ... until I needed to make more!  Ugh!  I think I am cutting some people from my list next year!

Sadie made a gallery album for Christmas Cards All Year 2022!  Please start filling it up  :D
Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 06:51:27 AM »
Cindi, how to I find the address list?

Working one of your prompts now.  Thanks for giving us a couple of great choices for the start to the new year.
Beth

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 10:12:06 AM »
I have made a couple using new stuff. The first is a tree die that hubby bought a few years back because he thought it was cool, I thought it would work great for a mini slimline card.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5664#top_display_media

The next card was quick, it was from one of the Christmas card kits, I bought the end of last year but never got around to using.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5665#top_display_media

I only have maybe 5 extra cards that I haven't sent out, if I make a card it is for someone and I get them out.

I revised my list last year before sending out cards, and will probably keep it that way for this year too, unless some pass away.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 12:09:33 PM »
Beth, I just meant we should each update our own personal address lists.  I have people on my list who have passed away.  I have people who's names are on my list but I no longer have an address.  I am terrible at decluttering.  It's as if I want to keep their names on my list just as a remembrance ... but then again ... it would be less stressful to have a shorter list!  It's not like taking their names off the Christmas list will erase all memory of them.  I thought I could take my husband's cousin & family off my list.  I don't think I've seen him since our wedding!  A LONG time ago, ha!  Wouldn't you know, every few random years he sends a photo card, and this year he sent one again.  I guess he can stay on the list!

Also Beth, please link any new (this year) Christmas cards to this challenge.  Even if you don't use a prompt.  Prompts are optional  :smile:
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
Connie, beautiful cards!  Your tree line die does make a pretty mini slimline card.  I need to remember to use that glitter for snow.
I don't think I knew 49 & Market made card kits.  Their papers, stickers, wish bubbles etc are so pretty!  Thanks for using the prompt and posting!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 10:04:58 PM »
Cindi I do not know if they called it card kit, I think it was meant for scrapbooking kit, but you know me I made it work for a card :)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 10:23:29 AM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 01:55:56 PM »
Thanks for playing Connie!  I love the papers you used no matter how old they are.  Beautiful cards.  You are building a nice stash!
Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 07:43:49 AM »
Got only one made.  But happy that I was "free" to participate.  I used Tim Holtz's Eugene, a purchase from October, and one that never did get used.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5666#top_display_media
Beth

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 11:45:03 AM »
Eugene is so cute, Beth!  I love all of the colors you used.  Hopefully it does get faster when you make multiples.  It looks really time consuming, but worth it!
Cindi