Author Topic: Ink22 - Spotlight embossing  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Ink22 - Spotlight embossing
« on: April 02, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »
Ok so I changed my mind on what challenge I was going to do, LOL!

This one I thought was neat, the instructions will be in the link.  I think we should try any shape to highlight though, doesn't need to be just a circle.

https://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/2021/09/spotlighting-sweet-peas-by-trina-pham-.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FgeAr+%28Outside+The+Box%29

When posting use Ink22 - Spotlight embossing   

I will have a RAK to send out to one person who I will pick by random

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Ink22 - Spotlight embossing
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 12:40:09 PM »
This is a neat idea and so pretty!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 02:14:40 PM »
I would have never thought of that!  Very pretty!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 10:24:46 PM »
Wow, that sample is pretty!  I love that embossing folder.  This will be fun and doesn't look too difficult.  Thanks for the challenge.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 10:33:48 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 10:58:09 AM »
Well I got my other challenge done last night, does this remind you of watermelon or what, LOL!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5735#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 01:06:00 PM »
This was a fun challenge. I got to use an embossing folder that I just bought!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5737#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 07:22:58 PM »
I have mine started. I did my background with the technique and now I am stymied on what to add to it. I feel like maybe how Beth felt choosing her stencil.  I don’t want to mess up!  So not sure if I will complete it tonight or tomorrow.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 04:16:17 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/3CB38DD1-CDFF-4C72-A5DB-AD5ADECDD92A.jpeg

This is an embossing folder I got at the stamp show.  Always looking for coffee idea
I looked in my dies for different shaped openings to cut out.  I picked these three.
I first my a impression on copy paper of the folder.  Then I played around with where to cut out the hole.
Then with that decision, I embossed my cardstock and then cut the hole.  I didn’t have dies to make the frames, there was too much space between sizes, so I just hand cut them.  Which they are wonky!
I used the paper impression as a template for the inking with brushes, two colors a dark and a lighter.
Then sanded the coloring.
Added words.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 12:12:13 AM »
Now that you mention it, Connie, your card does remind me of watermelon ... but I didn't think that when I first saw it!

Yankee, I love your creative cards and the folders and shapes you chose to spotlight them!

I have a card almost finished ... until I went looking for a word stamp and die set ... and I can't find it!  I have a plan B, but maybe if I do a little clean up in my craft room (haha, a BIG clean up) maybe my first idea will show up.  I also got to use an embossing folder I haven't used nearly enough.  Fun challenge!  Hopefully I will have a finished card to post soon.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »
Okay I finally decided on how to finish this card.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5749#top_display_media

Cindi, good luck finding the supplies you are thinking of! i have that problem a lot too. Luckily we both have collections big enough that we can find plan b!   :laughhard:
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »
 :laughhard: Yes, Heidi, we certainly have enough options! 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 04:34:22 PM »
I finally went with Plan B and finished my card.  That "peace" stamp and die set will probably show up very soon now, haha!

I've seen people post cards for Ukraine online.  Does anyone know if they are actually mailing them and where?  Please share!

Spotlight embossing card for Ukraine

Thanks Connie, this was a fun challenge. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 08:26:19 PM »
I made a couple for Ukraine with free digital images Cindi, I only posted them on my blog though.  I sent one to my nephew and his wife, they adopted a girl from Ukraine about 14 years ago. Plus he is a Pastor at their church and one of his congregation went over to Ukraine to do mission type work and ended up marrying a Ukrainian guy and they have been praying for the safety so I wanted to let him know I was too.
The other went to my brother and sister in law who were Missionaries over in Ukraine until my brother got Alzheimer's.  They still keep in touch with people from their and so I wanted to let them know how I was praying for them too. 
Do you have a group of Ukrainians in Florida near you. If so I am sure they would love to get a card letting them know you are thinking of them and their Country.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 09:27:13 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Connie!  Maybe I do have someone local to mail it to.  Our neighbor (and coworker of DH when he was working) married a Ukranian woman about 6 months ago but wasn't able to get her to the US right away.  He has family in Poland and he may have met her on a trip to Poland.  He went to get her a few weeks ago.  I think US expedited VISAs for people fleeing Ukraine.  A typical 3 hour drive from her home in Ukraine to Poland took her 30 hours but she made it and he came back with her.  I haven't met her yet. 

I feel so bad for your family with ties to Ukraine, and of course for all Ukrainians.  I'm sure they appreciated your cards.  It's hard to even think about.  I have the same trouble thinking about Mali, where my daughter was in the Peace Corps, and we were able to visit.  The US State Department recommends against Americans going to Mali now.  It was such a peaceful place until Taliban came in.  :(
Cindi