Author Topic: INK22 Double Z Fold card. *** Winner announced***  (Read 954 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
INK22 Double Z Fold card. *** Winner announced***
« on: April 02, 2022, 12:32:05 PM »
I also couldn't make up my mind so I have two challenges!  Here is one of them

INK22 Double Z fold card

Make a double Z fold card using the technique described below.
Use at least one image stamp.

I've had the base for this card cut and on my counter for ever.  I meant to share it at a Zoom someday.  Now I don't think the website where I found this tip is active anymore, but there are plenty of youtube videos and resources for double Z fold cards.

The tip I'd like to share that I can't find in a video is this :

Cut one piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches
Score at 2 1/8 and 41/4 starting along the 8 1/2 inch side.
Cut a 1 1/4 inch strip off the bottom so that you now have a piece 1 1/4 by 8 1/2 inches long that is already scored, and your card base at 5 1/2 by 8 1/2.
Take that long strip, flip it right to left and this will become the double Z fold.  I do have a video showing how it is flipped and attached to the card base.
I just thought this seemed so easy because the whole thing is scored at one time, then you cut off your strip.

You can start watching this youtube video at 10:19.  She is making fall cards but I think this would be really cute with a fence if you have one, and a spring or Easter theme.  That is optional.  Only requirement is to make a double z fold card and please try the technique of cutting one big rectangle, scoring and cutting the strip off the bottom.  Your card base can be any color and decorated as you wish.  Please use at least one image stamp.

Have fun!

I will draw a random name from the participants for a small RAK.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 12:20:24 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: INK22 Double Z Fold card
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 04:36:55 PM »
I love the use of the fence on the double z fold

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 12:24:58 PM »
i am going to make the base for this now. I can’t think of what die I would use instead of a fence, I will have to see what I might have.  Or maybe punch the edge of the double z fold strip?  Fancy folds are often hard for me, so if I get the base done maybe something will come to me to finish it. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »
That's a good idea Heidi, to use a punch on the strip!  I think I have a fence die but I haven't dug it out.  Maybe when I dig for that I will find the sentiment die I'm looking for to use on Connie's challenge!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 05:05:07 PM »
Took forever to figure how to use new stamp set into this card.
I thought grass pp would be great for the strip but too square looking, maybe cut the top with fancy scissors.
I stamped, embossed and watercolored.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 08:40:19 PM »
Yankee I love that new stamp set and the card came out so cute!  Great job. 
I have seen some double Z fold cards where they cut that strip in to a hill shape with a curvy top.  I was thinking about cutting with pinking shears for grass, but probably a grass edge die would be more stable than lots of individual grass blades.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 09:21:22 AM »
Here is my card. I have not made a double z card in ages, so it was fun to make one now! Thanks for the challenge!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5754#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 01:24:31 PM »
Here is my card!  This was really fun to do!  I’m not sure what other theme I would use for this type of card but I was happy with the winter theme. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5757#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »
April and Heidi, I love your cards! 
I left comments in the gallery.  Thanks so much for taking the challenge.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 06:10:16 PM »
I loved the picket fence idea so I went with that and found a bird bath stamp to go with it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5770#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 11:23:06 PM »
Connie, your card is so sweet!  The bird bath image is so cheery and looks great with the fence!  I love the way you colored that scene.
Thanks for making a double Z fold card!

I'm pretty sure the only fence die I have is an old, thick steel rule die so it is not a very long fence.  I'll have to dig it out ...
I still haven't done my own challenge!  Hoping to do that tomorrow!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 11:00:38 AM »
This is the way this week is going ...

Today
I found a good video for how I cut and scored my double Z fold card base.  If anyone still hasn't made a double Z fold, or if you want to save this video for reference, here is a link. 

Simply Simple Stamping   
Connie Stewart always makes things easy!  She includes a link to a download with measurements.

Better late than never?  I hope.
Late for me too!  I already had my card base and printed paper cut!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:06:17 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 12:45:59 PM »
Thanks, Cindi! I pinned the video to keep on file.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »
I finally made a double Z fold, and do you think I could find the card base that has been hanging around here forever?  No.  I ended up cutting another one from white card stock just for reference.

Cutting was a little tricky trying to get the parts of the printed paper I wanted.  Oh, and FYI if your paper has an obvious direction when you cut the bottom off and flip it, it will be upside down and scored where you might not want it!  I don't think it shows up too badly.  The double layer on the Z strip was tough to score.  I didn't do the neatest job but I didn't want to lose the printed paper I struggled so hard to get, so I kept it.

Happy Easter

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2022, 09:30:48 PM »
Connie, your card is so sweet!  The bird bath image is so cheery and looks great with the fence!  I love the way you colored that scene.
Thanks for making a double Z fold card!

I'm pretty sure the only fence die I have is an old, thick steel rule die so it is not a very long fence.  I'll have to dig it out ...
I still haven't done my own challenge!  Hoping to do that tomorrow!

I had to cut two fences so that they would go all the way across, but luckily they lined up perfectly!