Stamping > Stamping Challenges

INK22 Double Z Fold card. *** Winner announced***

(1/4) > >>

Iring:
I also couldn't make up my mind so I have two challenges!  Here is one of them

INK22 Double Z fold card

Make a double Z fold card using the technique described below.
Use at least one image stamp.

I've had the base for this card cut and on my counter for ever.  I meant to share it at a Zoom someday.  Now I don't think the website where I found this tip is active anymore, but there are plenty of youtube videos and resources for double Z fold cards.

The tip I'd like to share that I can't find in a video is this :

Cut one piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches
Score at 2 1/8 and 41/4 starting along the 8 1/2 inch side.
Cut a 1 1/4 inch strip off the bottom so that you now have a piece 1 1/4 by 8 1/2 inches long that is already scored, and your card base at 5 1/2 by 8 1/2.
Take that long strip, flip it right to left and this will become the double Z fold.  I do have a video showing how it is flipped and attached to the card base.
I just thought this seemed so easy because the whole thing is scored at one time, then you cut off your strip.

You can start watching this youtube video at 10:19.  She is making fall cards but I think this would be really cute with a fence if you have one, and a spring or Easter theme.  That is optional.  Only requirement is to make a double z fold card and please try the technique of cutting one big rectangle, scoring and cutting the strip off the bottom.  Your card base can be any color and decorated as you wish.  Please use at least one image stamp.

Have fun!

I will draw a random name from the participants for a small RAK.

Conniecrafter:
I love the use of the fence on the double z fold

howdyheidi:
i am going to make the base for this now. I can’t think of what die I would use instead of a fence, I will have to see what I might have.  Or maybe punch the edge of the double z fold strip?  Fancy folds are often hard for me, so if I get the base done maybe something will come to me to finish it. 

Iring:
That's a good idea Heidi, to use a punch on the strip!  I think I have a fence die but I haven't dug it out.  Maybe when I dig for that I will find the sentiment die I'm looking for to use on Connie's challenge!

Yankee:
Took forever to figure how to use new stamp set into this card.
I thought grass pp would be great for the strip but too square looking, maybe cut the top with fancy scissors.
I stamped, embossed and watercolored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version