Author Topic: INK22 Framed Easter (or Spring) *** Winner Announced ***  (Read 655 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
INK22 Framed Easter (or Spring) *** Winner Announced ***
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:35:06 PM »
Here is my 2nd challenge idea.  At least I have a sample for this one!  It's been a busy week.

INK22 Framed Easter (or Spring)

Please use a frame stamp.
Fill your frame with a stamped image (preferred) or stamped sentiment
Use it on an Easter card (spring if you don't celebrate Easter)

Your frame can be any size. 
If you don't have any frame stamps (think monogram style frames even) please use what you have to make a stamped frame.

In my sample I used a frame stamp and then framed the focal point by matting with masking tape and filling the background with watercolor.  I have frame stamps I rarely use so I stamped a few frames this week.  Your frames might be smaller shapes, or made for sentiments or monograms.  See what you can find in your stash.

Happy Easter
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 12:27:59 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: INK22 Framed Easter (or Spring)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 04:35:12 PM »
Glad to see you were able to post :) 

I think I have a couple of old frames, at least one

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 09:32:42 AM »
Here is my card. Thank you for this challenge. I have not used any frame stamps in ages! I forgot I had this pretty frame.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5745#top_display_media

inside of card --
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5746#top_display_media

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5748#top_display_media

Just a simple watercolored girl in a frame.
He hair is a little off in the photo because I used metallic watercolor on it. The plain yellow was to washed out.
I was seeing her with some of my wildflowers, which sadly are done.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 04:02:35 PM »
April, that is such a pretty frame and perfect for your card!

Yankee, so sad to hear your wildflowers are done, I bet they were fun to look at.  I'm sure the little girl's hair looks great in person.  I think it looks fine in the picture too.

I'm wondering if the hummingbirds have left Florida?  It's been a few days since I've seen one at my feeder. 
Summer is coming.  We just had a wicked thunderstorm with wind and hail!  It took down part of our wax myrtle tree that's been here since the house was built, 32 years ago.  :(
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 09:30:19 PM »
Wow Cindi that must have been quite the storm, always sad when the trees come down, hopefully the rest of the tree makes it through.  I need to look and see when the hummingbirds are supposed to make it here so that I have my feeder ready, it is still getting quite cold at night

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 09:39:53 PM »
Unfortunately Connie, I think that tree is done.  We had a heavy rain just a few days ago and part of it came down and appeared rotten.  DH cut some of it out.  Today another section went, so probably we should take the whole thing out.  It's kind of a shrubby tree.  We lost a palm tree quite a few years ago that was also rotted, same area of the yard.  I wonder if there's something in the ground?  Hesitate to replace it with another tree.  It was on a little bit higher spot so I don't think it's particularly swampy right there.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 09:00:47 AM »
Cindi we had that same problem with our yard.  The tree that was there when we moved in ended up getting some disease that has gone through our neighborhood, so we took that out and I can't remember the name right now of what plant we put there and that didn't make it, then we tried something else, finally Greg said well the grass seems to grow well there let's get some ornamental grass and see if that takes and sure enough that is growing like crazy.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 08:13:05 PM »
Well I didn't really like the frame stamp that I remembered so I started going through all my stamp sets looking for a frame and came across this set that I don't think I have ever used.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5760#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 09:32:15 PM »
That's what I love about these challenge fest weeks!  We get to use our stuff! 

I'm glad you found a frame set in your stash.  The border and flowers with it are nice too.  I really like the little tulips at the bottom of your card.  Thanks for playing!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »
April, I pulled your name.  You win!  I will send you a RAK soon.

Thanks everyone for taking this challenge!  It's so much fun to see what you make.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: INK22 Framed Easter (or Spring) *** Winner Announced ***
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2022, 01:16:38 PM »
Thanks, Cindi! I had fun making my card.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 11:39:44 AM »
Congrats April

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 09:02:53 AM »
Congratulations April
Born on the fourth of July