Author Topic: Stashbuster Challenge 2022  (Read 1680 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Stashbuster Challenge 2022
« on: May 04, 2022, 12:41:56 PM »
I don’t know who might want to play a long but I was thinking of making a challenge out of using up our stash.  For example, this week, I picked out an old mostly-used package of 6x6 patterned paper and I am currently working on using it all up.  I have made 5 cards so far, and have several more to make.

One could also take out a pack of embellishments, glossy paper, anything you can use up (so not stamps, or stencils since we tend to keep those forever #> ). You can even take out a stack of backgrounds or half made projects you have, and use that for your stashbuster item.

If you need to work on Christmas cards, choose something from the category that is Christmas related.  Anything you make using the stash you want to use up, you can link here. 

Any takers?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Stashbuster Challenge 2022
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 09:35:11 PM »
I think I understand what you are saying, I like using up those paper packs that are almost gone :). I am busy right now trying to get my 6 card commitment done for Splitcoast but after that I could do a few cards

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 06:17:51 AM »
I think I understand what you are saying, I like using up those paper packs that are almost gone :). I am busy right now trying to get my 6 card commitment done for Splitcoast but after that I could do a few cards

That’s fine!  No time limit on this one! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 10:04:08 AM »
I would love to play along! 

Hopefully things calm down around here.  My Mom is still in the hospital, but I need to at least try to take a little bit of time to do something fun.  Less surfing the internet to decompress, more crafting.

I've been watching MayMayMadeIt's videos, especially the Mystery ones.  Can always use that technique on old paper.  I also have a BUNCH of SU Paper Pumpkin kits.  They are quick projects.  I should just finally make them up.  I'll gain some shelf space where the boxes are stacked.  Either of those ideas should work good for me because little to no decision making involved, just what I need right now!

Thanks Heidi!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 01:36:03 PM »
I would love to play along! 

Hopefully things calm down around here.  My Mom is still in the hospital, but I need to at least try to take a little bit of time to do something fun.  Less surfing the internet to decompress, more crafting.

I've been watching MayMayMadeIt's videos, especially the Mystery ones.  Can always use that technique on old paper.  I also have a BUNCH of SU Paper Pumpkin kits.  They are quick projects.  I should just finally make them up.  I'll gain some shelf space where the boxes are stacked.  Either of those ideas should work good for me because little to no decision making involved, just what I need right now!

Thanks Heidi!

Great!  Glad to hear you will play along. I know you have tons going on and you might not have time for a while. that is no problem! Although, yes, those paper pumpkin kits could be a really good distraction for you! One thing I thought of is using up more supplies from some card kits I have.

As I am keeping on with my project, and organizing my desk, I keep finding other packs of half done projects that I could use for this challenge!  It is amazing how many of those have built up over time! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
Since I can’t post these in the gallery, I will link to my blog for now:

First two cards:  http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com/2022/05/mothers-day-bear-hug-card-using-up.html

Second 3 cards: http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com/2022/05/patterned-paper-challenge-post-two.html

I know some of you already commented on my blog, so this is redundant for you. But I do want to keep track of my progress also.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 09:40:01 AM »
I am just seeing this! Great idea. I will play along. I have soooooo many backgrounds I can use up! That will take me years! LOL! :D This post may have to last a very long time!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 10:29:22 AM »
I am just seeing this! Great idea. I will play along. I have soooooo many backgrounds I can use up! That will take me years! LOL! :D This post may have to last a very long time!

April :smile:

Great!  I was thinking of having this challenge for the calendar year. 

Another idea is if you are like me, I went through my piles and found around 20 unfinished cards!  Seriously!  A few of them are finished except for a sentiment. And many were layouts completed but with no stamped images or anything.  So those will be next on my list after I finish this patterned paper pack. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 10:47:49 AM »
Here is a card I just made where the challenge was to use your scraps. So I am showing it here too. I used scrap paper to cut up strips to make this card.

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 02:02:35 PM »
Here is a card I just made where the challenge was to use your scraps. So I am showing it here too. I used scrap paper to cut up strips to make this card.

April

Your card is so pretty!  The paper strips in this arrangement is just perfect! I may have to try that. I also like how you embossed the card front.  Your flowers are colored very beautifully too!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2022, 08:22:03 PM »
Beautiful April, I love the use of the scraps and your flowers are lovely with it!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 09:25:35 AM »
Here is a stash buster video from MayMay Made It.
In this one she is trying to use up paper scraps by prepping little gift card holders, boxes, etc that can be pre-assembled, store flat and then you just do a little bit of gluing when the time comes that you need it.

Give Handmade

I'll look for some of her other
Mystery" videos too, cutting paper that is too pretty to cut without looking!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 09:27:22 AM »
Pretty card, April!  I love the woven strips over the embossing.  Beautifully colored too.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 09:33:33 AM »
Awesome stash busters Heidi!  I love those bear hug cards, such a cute stamp! 
You know I always like your layouts.
Congrats on getting those pre-stamped images on to a finished card, yay!

I too have old, old 6x6 pads.

The video I linked in the post above is geared more toward 12x12 or 81/2 x 11 paper.  Of course I have those too.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 12:13:28 PM »
I am having trouble adding my photo here so I will link my blog again.

http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com/2022/05/patterned-paper-challenge-part-3-more.html

Here are 3 more cards.  I have more ready that I need to photograph. 

I may be able to get photos to upload on a computer, but I usually use my ipad for everything.  It says the file type is wrong.

I will check out May May Made it! 

I also have 12 x 12 papers.  Not as much as my 6x6 pads, but I got in the habit of buying it from CTMH since they have such cute papers! And too cute to use sometimes!   :laughhard:
~~Heidi~~