Author Topic: Stashbuster Challenge 2022  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: Stashbuster Challenge 2022
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2022, 09:15:24 AM »
This past year I made gift bags from Utube.  And I used those huge 12 by 12 fancy papers with huge words or pictures.  I was so pleased cause I couldn’t think of anywhere to use them, and they made really pretty bags!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »
Gift bags are a great idea Yankee.  I think Maymay has a video for that too.  Although ... it would feel funny making gift bags after the reams of gift bags we just donated to the Humane Society thrift shop!  Mom had quite the collection, and I admit, I have plenty too.  Mom had under bed plastic totes (Rubbermaid?) for storing gift wrap.  We donated an entire tote of Christmas wrap and another of all other occasions.  We took a quick peek, but my sister and I have plenty of our own gift wrap!  I kept some cute little envelopes that had a tree scene on them and my sister took one little pack of gift tags that were Victorian dolls.  She went through a bag of gift bags and found a gift card that got left behind.  Score! 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 09:37:58 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2022, 09:47:33 PM »
I was just watching a video where the girl uses the backside (white side) of her pattern paper that she doesn't like to use on her gelli plate instead of printer paper, I love that idea because there are pieces that I wouldn't use on a card, I usually use them for envelopes but there are usually pieces left over even after that I could use, I like the thicker weight of pattern paper too for the gelli plate, a lot of my printer paper ones curl so much.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2022, 10:41:16 AM »
Great idea, Connie. I need to be getting rid of as much as I can!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2022, 11:30:31 AM »
I should try to make a gift bag sometime.  And that is a good idea if your paper has a white backside.  Never thought of that!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 12:41:52 PM »
Totally Tiffany sells paper crafting storage and advocates for making an index of all of your supplies.  She uses white backsides of printed paper for indexing her stamps.  She uses 12x12 to fit more stamps (or die cuts) per page ... but that means you have to have a 12x12 binder to put them in.  I started an index on normal letter size computer paper so I could use your average ring binder.  It's already very thick!  I'm going to have to split it up between two.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 01:12:13 PM »
Two more cards made with that same pack of Echo Park "This & That".
Another thank you card and a birthday card.

Thank you sentiment Tayolored Expressions, TH butterfly.

The circus theme stamp I think is a $1 stamp, inside says "life is a circus" and "happy birthday".
The outside sentiment is Unity.  The diamond die is TH/Sizzix.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:14:03 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 01:18:25 PM »
I should probably index mine but I have all my stamps and dies in categories so I can "usually" find what I am looking for, LOL!

Love these cards, I like the staggered strips on the first and that butterfly is so pretty and like how you used solid cardstock on the front of the second and have the pattern paper peeking out, fun stamp too!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2022, 01:58:00 PM »
Made some Father's Day cards for my sons-in-law using backgrounds in my stash.
One is alcohol ink on glossy paper.  The other is ?? alcohol ink on Neenah?  Was that a challenge?  A Zoom?
I should write something on the back!

TH/Sizzix die in the corner
Ellen Hutson grill
Unity sentiment.
Inside has "Happy Fathers Day" with a hot dog on a stick stamped next to it.

I made these cards in plenty of time, then proceeded to forget to mail them!   Going out today.  There is still a lot going on around here.  That is my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

TFL!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:10:42 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2022, 02:04:42 PM »
I didn't get that far with the indexing ... it's kind of overwhelming.  The idea is that your index tells you where to look, and it can be anywhere.  Not sure I like that, but it keeps you from constantly rearranging when you outgrow a category.  For example, all stamps would be stored together and you add the newest to the end of the stash with whatever the next number is ... instead of going to file it with "florals", finding that your floral container is full and needing another container.  Because who would think of purging anything to make it fit, right?! 

I have my embossing folders stored together, numbered and made crayon rubbings for the index.
A small portion of stamps are indexed and point me to whether they are wood block in a cabinet, SU on a bookshelf or clear/cling in bins.  My dies, I have put pictures of most in a folder in Dropbox so I if I'm in a store I can look to make sure I don't already own it!
Of course, I am not completely caught up in any category!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2022, 02:09:24 PM »
Father's Day for DH

Used a piece of yellow marbled glossy printed paper in my stash.
Stamps are SU
Die is Sizzix

I used a few of the stars that fell out on the inside of the card, along with a stamp of pilot goggles that came in the set.

TFL!

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2022, 08:31:34 PM »
Cindi the cards for your son in laws look great, love those Alcohol backgrounds.  I have done a couple of cards like that I have been ahead in my birthday cards and still have got some out late.  I hadn't heard of dropbox, I am using Tim's app for all the items from him but it would be nice to have something for everything else.  I do have it all written in a small binder but I usually don't have that in store with me.
Your hubby's card looks great too, perfect for him.  I made one for Greg this year, it is from Opie and Buttons so he should get a kick out of it :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2022, 02:02:54 PM »
Connie and Cindi, your cards look great! I have the stars die, the diamonds die and the other one you use, Cindi. I have my stamps in categories too, but I did have to get an extra box for flowers and birds. I have been doing some purging, so I had a box left over for me to put the overflow in.

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2022, 10:03:30 AM »