Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2022  (Read 1844 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2022
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2022, 04:54:30 PM »
Connie,  this conversation led me to hunt through my computer for some images I bought several years ago.  The attraction was that the artist had a video for each of the twelve Christmas scenes.  I thought I would enjoy watching the videos and trying to use the images for Christmas cards.  The images turned out a lot bigger than I realized--full page size, and I couldn't resize them.  The video also showed her adding color to the full-sized image.  Now, I think I know how to resize them, but it took me forever to find them.  I was surprised at all the things that were hidden away in the corners of the computer! 

Well, once I  found the images and saved them where I could locate them more easily, I started looking for the videos.  That was another adventure, but I did find them!  Yay!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2022, 08:32:40 PM »
Oh yes before Pinterest I use to save so much to my computer, I can't imagine all that I have, I should go through and check things out too.
Glad you were able to find the video's too, how lucky is that :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 08:57:30 AM »
I have finished seven of the Marianne Designs Christmas Border card I posted a few days ago.  I made two more trying to figure out what worked best for me.  I just posted another photo in the gallery of the first three cards I made.  They all have different amounts of red cardstock showing at the bottom.  Maybe this will help you decide which you prefer.  I also wanted to post some tips that helped me to make this card and would work for any border-die card.  The final four cards have just a smidgen more red at the bottom than the third card. 

Trio of Cards

Daria
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 09:56:09 AM by djc »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2022, 02:53:55 PM »
April, completely different styles and both beautiful!  Does this make an even dozen?

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2022, 09:06:12 AM »
Yes - 12!

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »
I managed to get 3 more done

First I used an ornament plastic shape to make the shape of my ornament and then stamped the birds and berry branch, outlining with a few silver pens

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5827#top_display_media

The second two use the same stamp

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5828#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5829#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2022, 05:47:30 PM »
Connie, you did a great job with all three cards.  I loved the ornament you stamped and colored.  I am very impressed with the one you created yourself.  I have a die for an ornament with that shape that I've never used.  I saw someone who created a scene for a similar ornament, and now you have that sweet image in yours.  I need to use mine!

I am working on my Christmas cards.  In the process, I find that I have to organize my supplies to make them easier to find them.  Sigh.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2022, 07:19:53 PM »
Thanks Daria.  I did that a couple years ago when I started making my Christmas cards all year long.  Now I know that all my Christmas stamps are in one bin, my papers in another, my dies in another ect. Right down to my gems, ribbons and such, makes it easier to work on cards every month, I pull the stuff out and work on the cards and then put them away until the next month :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2022, 09:28:06 AM »
I do the same, Connie. All my Christmas stuff is together. I just take it out each month to do the cards.Has made my life easier for sure.

April :smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2022, 12:55:16 PM »
My Christmas stamps, dies, and embossing folders are in their own spaces.  That part is OK.  What's taking me so long is choosing cardstock to use to mat the stitched panels I've been making.  I have way too much cardstock.  The cardstock is sorted by color and by size.  I still have a lot of 12x12 as well as the 8 1/2 x 11 that I usually go to first.  I also have some sections that have various colors of unknown cardstock given to me by others and some SU cardstock.  Those have been mixed together somehow.  Sigh.  Within each section, the cardstock has gotten mixed up.  It started out with the same shades together and a folder with samples of each so that I could choose a color without going through the whole stack.  Now, I'm pulling out one section at a time and reorganizing that section. 

The good thing is that I have discovered some real prizes--gorgeous patterned papers I forgot I had.  I had put them there so they'd be safer than the run-of-the-mill patterned papers I mostly used to use to make envelopes.   When I was going through the stack that had unknown sourced cardstock, I hit the jackpot.  I was able to find mats for almost all my stitched panels.  The colors are more vivid than the ones I bought so long ago, and they worked very well.  Some panels that I wasn't crazy about, look great now that they have a mat.  There was one stitched panel for which I just couldn't find a mat I liked.  I ended up cutting a white mat and using a Tombow marker to color around the edge.  Looks great.  I should have just bought white paper.  Then I wouldn't have all that colored cardstock that I actually had to dust!

I now have two dozen stitched panels ready to be matted.  I only matted five before running out of glue.  Some should arrive today.  I do have glue, but I'm not sure what would work well to adhere a stitched panel to cardstock.  The card bases are finished.  The embellishments are ready. 

I'm not going to even think about the other thirty-eight panels I stitched.  (Stitching them while watching the news is keeping me sane.)  At least, the cardstock will be in order so it won't be so hard to find a good mat for each of them.  That is going to be an ongoing process.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 08:19:21 PM »
Wow you are much better organized then I am, my card stock is all over and everything is mixed, that is why you never see me tell what card stock I use on a project, I have no idea.  that is great you found matches for them, wow you sure have been very busy stitching. I am so thankful for this hobby, it is my therapy that is for sure.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2022, 09:45:21 AM »
Connie, I used to laugh when people said crafting was cheaper than therapy.  Now, I know they are absolutely right!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2022, 08:21:09 PM »
Daria, I totally agree!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2022, 09:26:38 AM »
I agree with you two! Stamping has been my therapy too. Wow, Daria! That has been a lot of stitching! That would drive me crazy. LOL! Your cards are so pretty with the stitching, but I will have to admire because I go nuts when doing something like that.

April