Author Topic: Christmas All Year - January 2023  (Read 709 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - January 2023
« on: January 03, 2023, 09:08:28 PM »
Happy New Year!
Ready or not, anyone ready to make Christmas cards this month?

I have two prompts, choose one or both or neither!

1.  I still need to do some foiling so I'm going to repeat December's prompt because none of us used it!  Use foil in any form, pressure sensitive, heat transfer, foil flakes, foil paper ...

2.  Use something new!  Did you get anything as a Christmas gift, even if it was "from me" "to me"?!  Something from your Advent Calendar?  Maybe something you bought to use this year but didn't get around to it?  Use it!

I can't wait to see what you make!  I've asked Sadie to put a new Album in the Gallery, but if it's not there when you are ready to post, just use "Christmas" as a key word and add it to Christmas Cards All Year - December 2022.  And you know the drill, make sure to post a link here!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - January 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 09:18:03 PM »
Sounds good :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 09:15:34 AM »
Thanks! :smile:

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 09:30:06 AM »
Wow you did a great job knocking them out, beautiful job!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 12:37:52 PM »
Thanks, Connnie!

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 03:23:25 PM »
This isn't for our challenge I had to host a challenge in my other group on using our sentiment as the main focal but I thought I would share here also

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5916#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 09:47:32 AM »
Connie, I'm always happy to see you link here, even if your card is for another challenge.  Did it feel good to use your chipboard letters?  I have way too much chipboard!  Pretty, sentiment focused card!

April, I'm so glad you had fun with foil and your mojo is back!  Awesome set of cards!  Isn't it nice to get two backgrounds from one foiling?  WooHoo!

My mini slim cards and envelopes came yesterday.  I already had the card front panels ready for foiling, Taylored Expressions, but similar to foil mates.  No excuses now!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 11:07:22 AM »
Yes I have only weird letters left, don't know if I can make another word out of them or not :)
I don't have a foiling machine but I do have those foil papers, still haven't figured out what to do with them yet.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 11:32:08 AM »
That's a good sign (low on chipboard letters), it means you're using them! 

I have a cheap laminator I use for foiling.  You can also foil without heat, depending on the foil, using a tacky adhesive.  That is often done through a stencil.  I don't have a Minc or a Glimmer machine. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 10:04:17 PM »
yes I have only used them with adhesives

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 10:29:15 AM »
I managed to get a couple cards made so far

The first card uses those foil sheets I bought so long ago and forgot why I bought them, the deer are foil sheets from the same pack too. I had to make it a 5x6 card so that it could hold the whole scene.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5920#top_display_media

The second card I used my mega flakes, I couldn't find the little tool that you were supposed to use so I had to use a brush and it seemed to leave some brush marks in it, maybe it was the way I put on the glue I don't know.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5921#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
Your cards are so pretty, Connie! 

Did you attach the foil to card stock before die cutting your trees and deer?  Double sided sticky sheets?  I have some of that Rinea foil and could use some tips!

What type of adhesive did you use for the foil flakes?  (I have those too and need to use them!)

Thanks for posting.  I'm glad you got your foils out!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 07:35:10 PM »
No that would have been probably smarter, but I cut the big trees out and glued them directly to the background. The little trees I cut more trees out of cardstock and glued them to them to give them a little lift, I cut the deer out of 3 layers with the foil being the top layer.  I used my Nuvo wet glue to glue them all together.  I always use my Acrylic stamp blocks to be heavy on them while they dry.

For the foil flakes I used the fluterby (I think that is how it is spelled) liquid glue, let it get almost totally dried and then added the flakes, I layered another layer under that one too because it was too thin.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
I got my 5th card done for the month, wow that was cutting it close :)

I used foiling around the scallop die, I applied glue stick around the edges and applied my foiling, waited for it to dry and then peeled it off, I like the rustic feel it gave to it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5924#top_display_media