Author Topic: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge. Celebrating Creativity!  (Read 25077 times)

Offline neyw

• Stampers
Re: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge. Celebrating Creativity!
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
Hi Everyone. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I hope all are well, safe, and dry.  We were hit with unbelievable storms and flooding in my area.   We have been cleaning out basements,  throwing away a lot of damaged items due to sewage and flooding, and trying to salvage lots of memories. I lost a lot of scrapbooks, supplies, stamps, and scrapbooking items.  I have received my envelope from my partner and will be working on projects for this weekend. I am just mentally and physically exhausted. I just wanted to check in give an update and let you all know what has been happening. Here is a quick article on the destruction my area has faced. Our freeways were closed and were full of over 14 feet of water.  The water has gone away, but the clean up efforts have been mind boggling.  http://www.weather.com/news/commuter-conditions/detroit-flooding-historic-freeways-closed-20140812

Thanks,
Neysa

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2014, 09:10:38 AM »
SWLady - love what you did with the Christmas themed kit I sent you.  I am glad you liked it. 
I left praise in the gallery. 

Sincerely,
Neysa

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
Neysa, I am sorry to hear of the flooding and your lost scrapbooks. I hope you have a break from all that soon. Thanks for checking in.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »
Bless your heart, Neysa! So sorry you lost stuff, but it is just stuff. Long as you & yours are safe it's all good, right?!

I'm so glad you were able to let us know what's been going on with you. Many thanks, pal!
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Oh Neysa!  I'm sorry for your lose of items!  But I am so glad to know that you are ok!  Thank you for letting us know.  :) 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »
Neysa - that just sucks.  At least you are safe.  Hopefully, you will get a break from the rain soon and good luck with the clean up.

I finally got my kept kit project finished and posted.  It celebrates Halloween. Drac

I've got several other projects finished with my kept kit and I will take pics and post them later this week.
Sarah

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:33 PM »
Life is starting to get back to normal. We have cleared out most of the icky stuff and are working with the claims adjusters.  So many of our friends and family lost so much stuff. So frustrating but as everyone keeps saying it was just stuff. Some stuff like baby pictures, old family photos, all of my dad and mom's high school and college diplomas, military, and boy scout memoriblia was lost.  We took pics of what we could.  Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers for my area.  It just has been overwhelming.  My mom alone has had to replace her furnace, hot water tank, and washer and dryer. We had to remove tons of uilt in shelving and throw away hundreds of books. 

Now for the fun stuff,  I was able to successfully complete my sent and kept items as well as my received kit. It was a really cute kit so thanks for sending it my way. I really needed some rainbows after my cloudy 2 weeks. I have posted my sent kit, sent items, and my received kit cards - I completed 2. I wanted to challenge myself to use the same 2 images and sentiment in different ways.  I like how they came out.  I used the washi tape, 2 rainbow images, and 2 sentiments from my received kit to make 2 different cards. I added flowers, banners, a doily, patterned paper, green card stock base. I hand colored in the images.
I posted all the images in the gallery.

Sincerely,
Neysa

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »
I have left praise in the gallery on all the posted projects. What creative and beautiful work everyone. 

Daniel- you never cease to amaze me. Never would have thought to use melted crayon as a way to antique/distress an angel before.

Sincerely,
Neysa

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2014, 08:20:11 AM »
I have so much reorganizing to do and need to figure out what I want to replace or just live without.  Floods suck, but it is an interesting way to do a summer cleaning.  Not my favorite way to get the job done though.  I am working on some finishing touches on my prima tags for an ex- 2 peas swap. I still find it hard to believe that 2 peas is gone but so glad we have this new home as well as a few others to connect with the 2 peaers. 

What is everyone else working on today?

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2014, 08:34:55 AM »
neyw, thanks for sharing what you are up to.  I bet it is a hard job to sort through all the stuff and try to decide what to replace.

I love your projects you posted and commented in the gallery.

I guess I am waiting to see if we are going to have another swap since the month is coming to an end soon.  However, I know CG might be busy with her family at this time. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
...I guess I am waiting to see if we are going to have another swap since the month is coming to an end soon.  However, I know CG might be busy with her family at this time.

I haven't heard from April in a few days. Left voice mail & sent her an email. I too figure she's dealing with stuff & will surface when she can. That said, however, if I don't hear from her (or she doesn't post) before Friday (Aug. 29), I will start the Sept. KIAE. Either way, there will be a KIAE offered for Sept. ;)

Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
...I guess I am waiting to see if we are going to have another swap since the month is coming to an end soon.  However, I know CG might be busy with her family at this time.

I haven't heard from April in a few days. Left voice mail & sent her an email. I too figure she's dealing with stuff & will surface when she can. That said, however, if I don't hear from her (or she doesn't post) before Friday (Aug. 29), I will start the Sept. KIAE. Either way, there will be a KIAE offered for Sept. ;)

Good to know, Daniel.  I do hope for the best for CG.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
Ooh! Can't wait to see what's in store for me! Thanks Daniel O0

I love the twist you came up with.

I'm pretty sure I have SWLadys address, if not I will PM her!
I know the images I want to include, just need to get everything together. I will start on that this evening if I get a chance.
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
August's KIAE gallery albums are now closed for any additional uploads. You are still free to leave comments on the projects.

Thanks to all swappers for a great job!

Daniel