Author Topic: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge. Celebrating Creativity!  (Read 25695 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
My kit is in the mail.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
I think my kit is ready! 

But how do you know when to stop adding things?  I want to just keep adding things!  :D

Don't worry Michele....the envelope is still able to lay flat.  :smile:

LOL, Melissa! When we began this swap in Jan., lots of people were concerned with being able to get 'enough' stuff in the limited sized envelope. Didn't take long before most realized that it was not going to be a problem. The 'problem' was figuring out when to 'stop stuffing'. Welcome to fun dilemma, pal!

BTW... Just a reminder. The use of the theme applies only to the 2 required projects. You are free to do other things with additional projects made with kit items. But we're betting lots of swappers will Celebrate all their other projects--if any. ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
My kit from CG arrived today!  Thanks, lot of fun stuff in there, especially the fun little bag of embellishments.  It will be fun to create with it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Cool beans Heidi! Are you going to photo the kit before you start using it? Up to you, pal. :smile:
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
I think I know what the last few things I'm going to add are.  I just need to sit down and finish stamping them.  I'm hoping get it postal on Friday.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Sarah, I hope you like it!

Heidi, looking forward to getting your kit  O0

I avoided working out last night so I colored some images from my kept kit. Probably won't get to finish the projects until Sunday but glad I got a start.

Does anyone else love putting kits together?
I find it a good way to get your crafty mojo working if you're in a rut or just need some inspiration

I decided that the next free afternoon I have I'm going to put some kits together to take to our senior center.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
I have a project in the works for my kept kit. 

I do like putting the envelope together, but I also stress about it, so it all comes out in the wash.  I enjoy using them more! lol

I haven 't taken a photo yet, but i might try to remember before I get started.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
My kit is in the mailbox as we speak!!   O0  I was having lots of fun last night LeighAnn putting finishing touches on the kits.  I have a few ideas for what I included and I am interested excited to see what Michele does with them!!   :laugh:
~~Melissa :)

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
Heidi, I'm so glad you liked it!! I received my kit from SWL today. Not feeling well today, so I haven't had a chance to open it. Hopefully later today.
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Here is my celebratory project from my kept kit.  It is pretty simple, but was fun to put together and I have a use for it right away!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Received your kit in the mail today Daniel!  O0

This next question is not to give the impression that I am in any way bored with this swap and need to "take it up a notch",  :idiot2: but I keep thinking with this swap that I need to go check on the project theme b/c for some reason I keep thinking the Celebrate theme was just to pick out things to send and that there is another theme that is separate for the actual projects…     SO do project requirements ever differ from the swap requirement theme?---meaning, maybe the swap theme was flowers, then after envelopes are received, the project theme is Christmas theme that everyone uses the flowers in?…..I know that is a huge difference of themes, but I thought it might provide the best example of my question….

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Ok I better ask this question ….now that I saw Heidi's kit project….b/c I had a total different idea of what I was suppose to do with my envelopes…  

I have thought this whole time that we combined our kits and chose things from both kits to make two projects…..which is to say that my projects were going to require major thinking since the themes are at opposite ends of "celebrate"!!    :smile:

So instead….we are to make a project out of our kept kit w/o using the received kit items….and then we make another project out of the received kit w/o using our kept kit items?……oh is that as clear as mud or what!   :laughhard:

Offline Looser

• Stampers
…we are to make a project out of our kept kit w/o using the received kit items….and then we make another project out of the received kit w/o using our kept kit items?…

That's correct, Melissa. Sorry if my directions weren't clear, but glad you asked--truly. April & I want folks to ask questions, offer advice & yadda, yadda. So good for you--you're doing fine, pal. Just remember each of those projects require usage of 3 items (minimum) from their respective envelope. OK?

Far as the 'theme' goes... Celebrate is the theme for the required projects. It does not apply to what you put in your kit envelope, but swappers are free to 'theme' their contents.

As you already know, I went mostly Christmas with my stamped images & stickers, but kept the ribbons & papers non-Christmas.
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
OK KIAEs! Looks like we're in good shape getting our kits in the mail. Monday (7/28) is the absolute deadline for mailing!

Just checking... LeighAnn, Sarah, Neysa & Michelle. Have your envelopes been mailed? I know each of you indicated that you were planning to mail, but didn't see a post confirming the actual 'in-the-mail'. If I missed your post, I apologize.

I'm still working on the 2nd project from my kept stuff. Might put it aside for a bit & play with some other projects. That's what's nice about this swap--beside its host(s) & players--we have a whole month to make & share projects once the kits are mailed. And August is a long month! ;)
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
 SO do project requirements ever differ from the swap requirement theme?---meaning, maybe the swap theme was flowers, then after envelopes are received, the project theme is Christmas theme that everyone uses the flowers in?…..I know that is a huge difference of themes, but I thought it might provide the best example of my question….

Melissa - I think you may have just given the evil masterminds of this swap an idea for a twist in the future.

Daniel - I ended up having to do moving related stuff on Thursday night, so I didn't get my kit in the mail on Friday.  It is ready and I was going to mail it today but I ran out of stamps.  I figured that I would be able to pick up stamps before the mailman came but as I was pulling out to go to the store, the mailman arrived.  So the envelop will be in the mail on Monday. 

LeighAnn - I was very happy to come home from dinner on Friday and find your kit in my mailbox.  It is fabulous.

Heidi - I'm impressed that you have your first project done and posted. Kudos to you.
Sarah