Author Topic: AI Swap has been cancelled  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
AI Swap has been cancelled
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
This swap has been cancelled  and will not be offered at this time.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:46:10 AM by Utah Ann »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: July Alcohol Inks Swap
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
Hi Ann.  I think your description is good.  To set up an album in the gallery, I think you need to PM Sadie because I don't think we can.  However, she is super fast and sett up mine for the post card challenge.

I'm sorry I won't be able to participate in the swap because I do not have alcohol inks.  I do enjoy looking at those projects though!  Have fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:17 PM »
Ann you asked for suggestions on the other thread so here's a few thoughts for you to consider.

* I think it would be helpful for the title to include the specific dates (not just 1 month when it goes through 2 months).

*We had a forum discussion some time ago about the length of swaps/challenges and moved towards single topic events being shorter than a month. LeighAnn has been running the tags swaps 2-3 weeks but not 4. Of course KIAE requires mailing the kit and making at least 2 projects.  I believe 3 weeks should be sufficient time for players if that is the mail to partner date.  Perhaps you will consider this differently in your next swap.

* Is this a swap for 1 card?  How will the cards be distributed?  What does the swapper needed to do?  Will this be a blank card inside or will the card maker write a note in it?  Is the deadline you wrote....the date for the swap to be in the mail?  

As for using the alcohol inks-Tim Holtz has several videos I suggest you watch his process. This is definitely easier to learn by actually watching a person do it...as well Jennifer McGuire presented some Thinking Inking classes on alcohol inks.

Hope that helps!...Jan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:33:34 PM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
HowdiHeidi

I have been looking on line about creating your own Alcohol Inks.   I don't have any links for you.  But both Google and Pinterest  have instructions, if you are interested.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Ann. I'll join your swap. O0
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
I'll join too.
Sarah

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Well, I have some metal sheets specifically for stamping, but how would I know if I have alcohol inks? I don't think I have any. I may have alcohol markers though.. Again, how would I tell?

silly question, LOL

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: AI Swap has been cancelled
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »
Ann, if you decide to host it again, I would like to sign up.

I've done very little with alcohol inks and metal but  i wouldnt mind giving it a go!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »
A shame you need to cancel your swap, Ann. I'll 'ditto' Heidi about playing if you re-offer this.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
While I do not have any alcohol inks (other than Prisma Markers), I am really curious about the recipes for making your own that you mentioned Ann.  I am going to look into that---thank you for mentioning that info!   O0
~~Melissa :)