Announcements and Rules > Announcements

Forum Update - Thursday afternoon - I hope!

(1/3) > >>

CarefreeSadie:
Good morning all!  I hope to update this forum Thursday afternoon.  What this means to you the users is that you will not be able to use the forum for a few hours during the update.  If you try to use it you will get error messages.  This also means I will need to unbridge the gallery while I update this forum so you will not be able to use the gallery either.  

There are several steps that I need to do to update, the update will make us more secure and also give us a shiny new interface.
The database will need to be backed up in case we need to go back to this configuration.  
The brown template will need to be gone because it will not work on smf 2.08 since it was designed for smf 1.1.19, I will be sorry to see it go.
The popup plugin will need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled after the update.
The gallery button at the top of the forum will need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled after the update.
The gallery will need to be unbridged and then rebridged with smf 2.08 after the update.
The update itself will need to be run.
Settings need to be checked, which the users can help with after we are back online.  You can all make sure that we didn't loose any functions that we had before.
Then we will have a shiny smf 2.08 which is much more secure and then I can update the websites PHP to a more secure version.

I hope everything goes as well as it did on the test forum I set up in a different folder so we don't loose anything.  Wish us all luck!

Any questions let me know and I will try to answer.
Thank you for you patience and soon we will be better than ever.
Sadie

Looser:
Thanx for the 'heads up', Sadie! I'll miss the brown, too, but 'sok.

howdyheidi:
Thank you for the warning.  Maybe most of us should plan to use that time actually crafting instead of chatting about crafting, lol.  I did get the email too. 

I hope it goes smoothly and thank you!

yellowcherrios:
I got the email too--TY Sadie! 

SWLady:
Ok, my two cents? I won't miss the brown, LOL  #>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version