Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Oldies Challenge -- October

(1/8) > >>

stampwilly:
Hi Everyone! I really enjoyed the cards from last month. I hope we have a lot that will play this month.

This month's challenge is using crayons. I want to see the technique "crayon resist" on your project. Here is a link that shows pictures and instructions on how to do it. In the first part of the link I am showing how to color and blend using crayons, but the second part shows the resist and this is what I want you to do for this challenge. http://stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/technique-tuesday-crayon-resist-and.html   If you do not have a brayer, you can sponge on the color or colors and it will still work well.

1. you may make any kind of project, card, tag, etc.
2. use the crayon resist technique on it
3. use at least one IMAGE stamp, not just a saying
4. you have all month to make something

I learned this technique many years ago, but I have always loved the look of it. Can't wait to see your creativity! ;D
I will be giving an RAK to a randomly chosen winner.

Stampwilly

howdyheidi:
This looks fun!

I finally have a multi color ink pad, but I also have been able to mimic this effect by just using Distress inks and applying it onto the brayer in stripes. 

howdyheidi:
I was  just working on this, and I used archival ink.  I noticed that when coloring with crayon, the ink was still wet and smeared.

Maybe Stazon would dry faster, OR I could have waited a bit before applying the crayon.  Just an FYI in case someone else tried Archival.

Looser:
Durn your hide, Willy! :tickedoff: You know I won't be able to resist your challenge! :smitten:

stampwilly:
I knew you couldn't RESIST this one, Daniel! LOL! ;D

Thanks, Heidi. Staz On is the best to use on glossy cs. Also it needs to be very dry.

Hope ya'll have fun!

Stampwilly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version