Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Stamp A Jack-O-Lantern Challenge--10/18>11/1

(1/4) > >>

Looser:
Once upon a weekend dreary,
While I pondered stamping stuff both strange & cheery...
...I decided to challenge myself & my friends here with a 'fun' project. ::)

Let's begin with a bit of history... Before pumpkins became the go-to material for creating Jack-O-Lanterns (JOL),  they were made from large turnips & beets--I'm talking really big ones. Folks hollowed them out & added glowing coals or candles to create lanterns. Some folks carved faces in them & carried them during Fall festivals like Samhain & All Hallow's Eve. Now for our challenge...

You have to create a JOL using stamps. You may use any sort of stamp or stamps you wish--except pumpkin ones .  And your JOL must have a face. You may draw that or use stamps for that part of the challenge.

Your JOL may end up looking like a pumpkin long as you don't use a pumpkin stamp. Or you may decide to use fruit/vegetable stamps as your base. Apples, oranges, tomatoes, cabbages, (big) carrots...etc. Get the idea?

This challenge will close at the 'witching hour' of midnight on November 1st.

Looking forward to a Spooktacular patch of projects!

Looser:
I'm working on my 'pumpkinless' JOL today. Found a great base stamp to get me started--one from Sweet Stamping I got many years ago.

Have to make a few decisions before I do the piece, but what else is new? ;D

Far North:
Daniel YOU did it now!  You now have 2, not 1 but 2 challenges asking for players to use stamps as oddities to the norm!  Are you making all of us crazy?? :tickedoff:  I was working on your Inktoberfest challenge today combining Halloween and Christmas when all of sudden I found myself working on this one! I now have 2 cards but 1 doesn't have any stamping. 

So I now hope Daria can understand that if you can make a pumpkinless Jack-O-Lantern certainly I can enter a stampless card for your challenge which is based on stamping. Afterall their must be some kind of consistency-right??  Certainly I planned something different but I know you will understand that you created this mess. :smitten: 

...Jan

Looser:

--- Quote from: Far North on October 19, 2014, 11:30:42 PM ---Daniel YOU did it now!  You now have 2, not 1 but 2 challenges asking for players to use stamps as oddities to the norm!  Are you making all of us crazy??...
--- End quote ---

Hope springs eternal, Jan!  ;D If I can convert just one 'normal'  ::) stamper to embracing crazy, I will have done my duty. 'Course many of my fellow AIs don't have far to go in that regard... :laugh:

BTW? I finished my piece & used just 2 stamps--1 of which was a sentiment!  O0

yellowcherrios:
hhmm… I have to ponder this one….see what I have in my stash! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version