Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Oldies Challenge -- NOVEMBER -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

(1/6) > >>

stampwilly:
Hi Everyone! Thanks to those who tried last month's Oldies challenge, even though we had Inktober Fest!  :smile:

We have a winner for October's challenge! ;D  CONGRATS to HEIDI, you are the winner! :laughhard:  Please message me your address so I can get your RAK out to you soon. I loved all the entries. Ya'll did a great job!

Now on to this month's Oldies challenge. I remember when I learned this technique and it was the rage for awhile. I went with friends to a stamp store in a small town nearby. The store owner whipped out some card stock and started making a grid and then stamping a collage on it. It looked so artsy and beautiful. So I want to see what you do with the GRID technique. You can click here to see the steps. As usual I will be sending an RAK to a random winner! ;D

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/retiform_grid_technique/

You may use matte or glossy card stock. I used glossy card stock on my card below. You can use any scrap paper to make the grid, but I used Post It notes.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=727#top_display_media

Here are the "rules"

1.  Do the grid technique
2.  Use at least 3 different stamps
3.  Use at least 3 different ink colors
4.  Make any project, card, tag, scrapbook page, etc.
5.  Upload it in the gallery under the Oldies Challenge and link it here on this post

I hope you have fun with this. I can't wait to see what you create! :smile:

Stampwilly

Looser:
WTG, Heidi! And Hooray Willy!

I love your card & new 'Oldies' (that sounds funny).

With my new glossy CS & all the midi inks, I have everything I need for playtime.

I think I'll begin by trying out different grid patterns & see where that leads me. While I plan to do it the way the tutorial does (starting with a stamped image) & then building the grid, I may also make a grid & add the stamping after just to see how that works.

Another winner, April! O0

howdyheidi:
thanks so much!  I am happy and excited to win.  :):)

This new technique I have seen before, but I appreciate seeing the tutorial. I have seen examples out in galleries and pinterest that I liked, and some that just seemed to be too busy.  I like how they started with the image to bring focus to the project.

Thanks for hosting!!

Looser:
LOL! I meant to just start by testing the grid-making & it just kept leading me on. Result? I have an entry that I just plain like! It's so me & April's challenge combined. Now there's a scary (post-Halloween) thought.

The truly funny part is that I ended up not using my glossy cs or stazons. Sometimes testing has its own rewards, eh?!

Can't wait to see what my fellow AIs make!

stampwilly:
I actually did my grid first and then stamped last. it does not matter which way you do it. I know we will have great entries! ;D

Stampwilly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version