Author Topic: Dec. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup Closed--Swappers in OP  (Read 8853 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Dec. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup Closed--Swappers in OP
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:01:01 PM »
With this month's swap, we will have done a full year of the challenge. It started on 2Ps & transfered to AI--& managed to keep going. Even picked up a few new swappers along the way. I give us all 'props' for that.  O0  Not sure what 2015's version of KIAE might be, but rest assured that I'm thinking about it. And with the return of my cohost CG from her necessary sabatical, I'm sure we'll do our best to challenge ourselves & all our friends here @ AI.

We welcome all swappers, but if this is your first signup? Look over the previous threads 'cause I'm going to 'shorthand' lots of stuff for this month's swap/challenge.

Deadlines: Matchups posted by 11/30. Mailed kits: 12/6

Envelope size: regular letter/card--no specialty envelopes.

Kit contents: minimum of 3 stamped images (each stamped twice) on material(s) of your choice. Additional kit materials at the kit-makers discretion--long as the kept & sent material are identical.

Dec. Theme: 'Year Up!' (Good luck with this theme, pals!  ;D)

Required projects: Bookmarks. Remember that a 'required' project must include a minimum of 3 items from the kit. ;)

Once the required projects are done, swappers are free to make & share projects that employ less-than 3 items from a kit & combine items from both the kept & received kits.

Have questions? Please post them on this thread.

Have 'rants'  ;D?  Please PM my cohost CarribeanGirl.  I'm sure she'll be happy to answer you...

Looking forward to ending this year of KIAE on a high note. I can still hit 'High C'--the tone; not the juice. #>

Here's our swapmates:
Looser > LeighAnn
LeighAnn > SWLady
SWLady > Sadie
Sadie > CarribeanGirl
CarribeanGirl > Looser
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:01:13 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
Re: Dec. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup ends 11/28
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »
Hooray!! I am so happy to be back!!  O0 I have missed this swap tremendously! I already have ideas of things I might be adding to my kit. I even have an idea for one of my projects  :o Looking forward to finishing up the year with a bang and seeing what 2015 brings our way!  #> As for the rants, bring 'em on! I'll deal with Daniel later  :knuppel2:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »
I am glad Daniel and April are able to continue with this together!  I am afraid with the holiday and my surgery, I will have to sit this month out.  I will be anxious to see all the projects in the gallery!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Year up?  I am so not sure I am understanding the "theme" for this swap, please elaborate a smidgen........

I was afraid I couldn't do this because we will be gone for 5 days, so I will be without my crafting room but I think it might work out if I can figure out what the "theme" actually means.

You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
Thanks for asking, Sadie. 'Year Up' is our 'gift' to all who have been part of the KIAE swaps. You are free to interpret it in any way you wish. You might decide to go '4 Seasons' or 'Holidays' or 'special moments' or...? 

And the theme is only required for the 'required projects', but you can use it for any additional projects you might make. Up to you.

Far as the bookmarks? That requirement should be easy for all of us. And there are loads of different styles of bookmarks to choose from. Plus... Bookmarks make wonderful little gifts--on their own or tucked into a book for a friend or family member.

Hope that helps & that you'll be joining us in Dec., Sadie.

Heidi. We'll miss you! If you find you can join us afterall, we'll be happy to have you end the year with us, pal!
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:44:11 PM »
Count me in you guys!

So just so I'm understanding this right- We determine the theme to our kit? Can be whatever we wish as long as it's a cohesive theme?

Thanks for hosting and glad your back, April #>!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 04:29:19 AM »
Count me in you guys!

So just so I'm understanding this right- We determine the theme to our kit? Can be whatever we wish as long as it's a cohesive theme?

Thanks for hosting and glad your back, April #>!

Welcome aboard, Pug. Yep. 'Year Up' is up to you. Ditto on the kit contents--long as it contains the required # of stamped images. Far as 'kit cohesive'? Feel free to do your thing. I'm working mine out.
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
Oh, count me in! i almost missed the deadline on this one. Been busy, hehe

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 09:18:59 AM »
Happy you're able to join us, Kathy! I'm going to 'assume' Sadie's 'in'--unless she says she ain't. Still time for others to sign up today.
Daniel

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »
I am going to skip the one, Daniel. For a half a dozen reasons, I will try to next month.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 01:09:01 PM »
We'll miss you 'Yankee', but understand.

Far as 'next month' (Jan 2015)? Not sure whether I want to host  another 'monthly' swap/challenge in the same way I/we did KIAE in 2014. I'm considering my options. 

I'm making progress on building my Dec. kit(s).

Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
My kit is all ready to go! I went back and forth between a few different themes yesterday before I settled on one.
LeighAnn

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »
I'm finishing up my kit today. Still want to add a few odds and ends into the envelope. This one was a hard one to put together for me  :knuppel2:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
...This one was a hard one to put together for me  :knuppel2:

GOOD! That'll teach you to lollygag, pal! :laughhard: Can't wait to see what you send my way.  ::)

The matchups are in the OP.  LOL. Pug! You're gonna 'love' what you get from me. :tickedoff: :smitten:

I'm still making my kits, but should have it mailed on Monday.
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Dec. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup Closed--Swappers in OP
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »
It looks like I need to get my kit together tonight so I can mail it soon.  So many possibilities and such a small place to put them all!  LOL 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......