Author Topic: ATC swap for Januray 2015!  (Read 16479 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
ATC swap for Januray 2015!
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »
Happy New Year Inksters!! I thought an ATC swap would be fun to do for 2015.
Here are the general details of the swap -
All ATCs need to be standard ATC size 2.5x3.5
Each month I will have a theme and sometimes a technique requirement.
Once partners are posted, please contact them for their address. You will be mailing your ATC to them.
You are only required to make 1 ATC . That said, I've decided I am going to make 1 to send and 1 to keep.
Pretty easy, right ? O0

So for January, the theme will be snowflakes. You can create them however you like. Stamp, stencil,sticker, hand cut,die cut,etc.

I will keep sign ups now through the 8th and will post your swap partner on the 9th
Your mail by date will be jan 26th
Once your partner has received their ATC, please post them for all to see. Any questions, please post them here.
I had so much fun hosting and doing the tag swap but can't wait to explore the world of ATCs! I hope you all will join in #>.   
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: ATC swap for Januray 2015!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
I am definitely in!  Thanks for hosting. I think this new swap will be tons of fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:42:23 PM »
Cool - I was wondering if you were going to do the tag swap again this year.  It will be fun to give ATCs a try this year.

Sign me up. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:38:45 AM »
I'll join in!  Thank you for hosting Lovepug2!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
I am afraid of ATC's! what are they? what do you do with them? How do you make one? LOL

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:43:28 PM »
Yes!! Count me in!!  O0
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
Leigh Ann I am sorry I am not going to available to play this month.  But I am happy I won't miss your gesso challenge.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
Yes, I would like to be included.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
I want to play!  Please count me in.
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
Sign me up!  O0
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
Wow!! We are off to a fantastic start!

Kathy, ATCs are artist trading cards. Just small decorative pieces of art you create. I'm sure there's a better explanation than that, lol! Most create them out of heavy cardstock, watercolor paper, artist paper. You can also buy them pre cut for a few bucks at craft stores. As far as I know, the standard size is 2.5x3.5. You can display them or store them in baseball sleeve protectors.
LeighAnn

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
I am going to pass on this one and watch and see what everyone makes! I really have no clue how to do one, hehehe.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »
I am going to pass on this one and watch and see what everyone makes! I really have no clue how to do one, hehehe.

Kathy, maybe you can play along but not join the swap, just to get your feet wet.  I felt the same way as you did before I started just cutting a piece 2.5 by 3.5 and just trying it.  :)  Maybe then next time you will feel more comfortable after trying it and then seeing what everyone comes up with. Just an idea...
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »
LOL! Long as I have to start going thru all my stuff, I might just as well join the swap!

I'm in, Pug!

YO, SWLady! Just go for it, Kathy! I guarantee you will be amazed at how easy ATCs are to make. If not, I promise to double your work back (whatever that means) ;D

I'm guessing for this initial ATC, we have to keep all our work within the card dimensions--no going over-the-edge. ::) Sok! It'll be a 'trial' for moi, but I know I can do it. ;)

For any newbies (or even those who've done loads of ATCs)... Do you have a fave method for creating them?

I've used 2 ways over the years & both work for me...

1. Cut the base & work within it.

2, Make a larger piece & use an 'ATC-finder*) to isolate the card(s) you want to use.

* To make a 'finder', cut a 2,5x3.5 opening in a piece of CS or heavy paper. Then move the finder over your work until you find the ATC you like. A TIP? Try moving your finder diagonally over a work. You'll be amazed at what you find!
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »
Kathy-you can do this! There is no right or wrong ATC! The size is only non-optional part...and theme in this case. Look in a search of our gallery for ATC...also a google or pinterest.

The very first tag we did 2 years ago also had a snowflake theme.  Actually, it is much like a tag but easier cause with ATCs you don't have to mess figuring out the longer top and bottom and no top ribbons!  You may want to use some smaller stamps but that truly isn't necessary...only partial images to the edges adds interest to your design.

Decide what coloring product you like to use best and go for it.   Then do it and it will be done.  No fretting just put it in the mail.  Remember we all start at different places and that is totally okay...but we only learn more by taking a few new steps.

Sending you good creative thoughts!..Jan
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:29:44 PM by Far North »