Author Topic: ATC swap for Januray 2015!  (Read 16573 times)

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
Re: ATC swap for Januray 2015!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »
Cindi, are you serious??? That's just crazy!!!!  :tickedoff:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
I know!  Can you believe it?!  Maybe it's been held up by weather?  But it's gorgeous here.
I will let you know as soon as it arrives.

I have to tell you, I had a little trouble getting in to the snowflake theme, being that I try to avoid those here in Florida!  ;) 
I used 5 different snowflake stamps and thought the word "unique" was fitting.  So why do I live in FL yet still own more than 5 snowflake stamps?!  Haha, it's a stamp addiction.  I confess.

Here is the ATC I sent to Yankee.

I will come back in a minute and add a link to the video Far North shared using Speedball Elegant Writer calligraphy marker.

ETA :  Here is a link to the topic asking for help with ink in the Technique forum started by Yellowcherrios.

Far North replied that she has been using Elegant Writers in a watercolor class. 
Here is a link to a youtube video on how to use Elegant Writer made by artist Karlyn Holman for Cheap Joes. 

I don't really draw, so I automatically had the idea "what would happen if I used the marker to color a stamp"?  This swap gave me a chance to try it out.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:15:24 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2015, 08:12:45 AM »
A wonderful group of ATC's so far! Are you all as amazed as me that there are so many different snowflake images?!

Iring, that's great that you were able to try out a technique you hadn't done before!
I never thought about it might be difficult for you all to create a snowy card when its warm where you are!

I'm hoping Sarah has received mine by now.

I posted sign ups for next month this morning!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
No, I'm glad you picked snowflakes LeighAnn!  You pushed me to use my snowflake stamps.  That's a good thing, poor neglected flakes, haha!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Got my ATC from Sarah (Craftnerd) yesterday & still LMBO! Not about the ATC--It's lovely!--but about the envelope in which it arrived.

Thanks, Sarah!
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »
Our pal SWLady (Kathy) uploaded a pic of the ATC I sent her.

Kathy was only able to do one photo & the ATC is nestled in the KIAE tag I also sent her. 'Sok!

I kept this ATC. simple. The bear is a St. Dennis from IBBS. The snowflake punches are from McGill.
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »
Leigh-Ann - I did receive your ATC.  And I love it.  The bunny is too stinkin cute.

Daniel - I think I've mentioned before that my postal worker father made me neurotic about sending lumpy stuff in a regular envelop.  :uglystupid2:  I can't help it.  Every time I go to put something with 3D embellishments on it in the mail I hear him telling me that it will get caught in the machinery and shredded.  So I feel compelled to use padded envelops. I'm glad it gave you a good laugh and that you liked the ATC   

Here's the ATC I sent Daniel - Snowflake ATC

I made the embellishment from the top of a glass Christmas ornament.  When I broke a few back when I was making ornaments in October, I figured I could do something with them.  I'm such a crafting pack rat.  :D

Everybody has made fabulous ATCs this month.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
April, I got your ATC today!  Yippee!  They must have been holding it hostage or something.  9 days from your house to mine seems like a long time.

Your ATC is so pretty!  I love the dimensional snow and the glittery embossed verse.  Very nice!  I'm so happy to have it.
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 10:02:53 AM »
Hey all, I have a chance to upload a better picture of Looser's ATC that he sent me. It is awesome! Here it is! I love the bear  :D

Looser's ATC

I wonder if yellowcheerios got mine yet?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:05:18 AM by SWLady »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 11:21:28 AM »
Great ATC, Daniel :)

I just realized I need to upload mine still :o

Kathy, I think Melissa May still be out of town.
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:17 AM »
TY for the 2nd pic, Kathy! :smitten:

I left some 'Hows' in the comment. Still not real crazy about how the pink works for the cheeks & tongue, but 'sok.

The ATC's edge was done with a (black) Sharpie & a 'shield'. ;)
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
I'm back home!  But DH was home while I was out of town and said that I did not receive your ATC yet, Kathy.   I hope I get it today!  I am also hoping the postoffice didn't lose some of our mail....  Maybe the snow storms slowed down mail going to the west??   ???
~~Melissa :)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2015, 10:04:10 AM »
Kathy I still did not receive your ATC yesterday....  :'(      But I'd say you can go ahead and post yours.  I'll let you know when I get it. 
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »
Gosh. I don't know what happened. I do know it's taking me an extra day to get things but this is too long. If you don't get it soon I will make you another!!

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »
Here is the ATC I sent to yellowcheerios. I am sorry she hasn't received it yet! I mailed it the 27th so it has been over a week and a half.

I will start a new one to send again tomorrow! Of course it will be different cuz I have no more little snowflakes, hehehe.

ATC