Author Topic: MARCH 2015 KIAE Signups Closed/Partners Posted  (Read 19609 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: MARCH 2015 KIAE Signups Closed/Partners Posted
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »
well...the mailman came...and went...with no mail at all left for me.   :'(        He took the RAKs I sent out at least....
~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
Bummer, Melissa! Hope your kit arrives tomrorrow.
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 07:57:05 PM »
I got the fabulous kit LeighAnn sent today.  I love it.   :smitten:  So many goodies, I don't know where to start.

I'm like Heidi and CG, I try to include either new or neglected images as a prompt to get me to use them.  I also try to include some neglected embellishments. 

I too hadn't ever thought about my stamps ever expiring---until a few months ago, when I didn't like one of my stamps too much anymore--it was an eye opening day for me when that happened!   ;D

My problem is less that my tastes have changed and I don't care for my images as much (although that occasionally happens), and more that I find new images that I love.  So I buy more stamps, and I just don't have enough time/ need for all the stamps I have.  So the older ones get neglected.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »
I finished a piece from my received kit. Kathy included lots of fun stuff. I didn't really have to think too long about what I wanted to use for the project, tho'. It's out for mail pickup.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
I got the fabulous kit LeighAnn sent today.  I love it.   :smitten:  So many goodies, I don't know where to start.

I'm like Heidi and CG, I try to include either new or neglected images as a prompt to get me to use them.  I also try to include some neglected embellishments. 

I too hadn't ever thought about my stamps ever expiring---until a few months ago, when I didn't like one of my stamps too much anymore--it was an eye opening day for me when that happened!   ;D

My problem is less that my tastes have changed and I don't care for my images as much (although that occasionally happens), and more that I find new images that I love.  So I buy more stamps, and I just don't have enough time/ need for all the stamps I have.  So the older ones get neglected.

I know what you mean, however, I feel like we do have to buy new images if we don't want to send out cards with all the same images.  You can stretch your stamps, but some people also notice if you use the same images a lot. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
I'm enjoying the chat about under-used stamps. When buying gets really silly is when you buy the same stamps twice. BTDT!

For those who have neglected some stamps due to 'whatever'... Do you have images (including sentiment stamps) that form a core in your collection?

And speaking of sentiment stamps... Do you sometimes find that you have the 'correct' sentiment for a project, but the font isn't what you want/need? If so, how do you deal with it. Note: this assumes that the project really requires the use of a sentiment stamp. ;)
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
I know what you mean, however, I feel like we do have to buy new images if we don't want to send out cards with all the same images.  You can stretch your stamps, but some people also notice if you use the same images a lot.

Yes this is true for me as I've shared with Heidi and others---though I'm not sure I can same too much b/c one year a relative gave me the exact same store bought card for my birthday 2 years in a row....and I noticed, though I didn't care b/c it had a nice message and I figured they really liked that message for me!   :smile:  I also didn't know the stores kept the same cards each year...

Plus, I am noticing that I am starting to be drawn to stamp images that I am drawn in in my everyday life---for example, I like watching birds more and more and thus I am drawn to bird stamps more than I ever have been!

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:01 AM »
I have lots of Happy Birthday stamps and a couple Thank yous, but I have had where I wanted a different font.  And I think with one occasion I just used what I had and told myself "maybe they won't notice"; another time, I printed the sentiment (it was a "thank you" or something, thus no copyright infringement) and cut out with Spellbinders.  I've also stamped out each letter with one of my alphabet fonts using the font I liked more--I think that was the last time I did that!

I have lots of nature stamps---though I am really getting drawn to more architectural stamps (like my column I used on Daniel's Winterfest challenge), but I am not sure how to use them.   :-\

I often wish I had a sentiment phrase, but I never buy those b/c I am not sure how to use them or if I'll need them...but I see many cards (even on AIs) that use them that are really neat. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
Very infrequently I will have a sentiment stamp that is a style of font that is too grown up for a kid card (usually because it is cursive) or too child like for a grown up card. 

I think background stamps stand the test of time as basics in the collection.  As well as many sentiment stamps and flowers. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »
I'm not sure if I have any images that form the core of my collection. 

As for sentiments, I have a ton of them but I tend not to use them all that often.  And of course, about half the time when I do, none of my sentiments are the right font.  Usually, I just work with what I have. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:08 PM »
Sarah, so glad you liked the kit! When I saw you were my send to, I added the critter stamps. I just finished fussy cutting them all last night. What a pain! I think I need to get the dies for that set.

I like the stamp talk, I will come back to that when I have more time.

Just wanted to pop in and share 2 cards from my kept kit.
i went a little fold crazy  :D. I'm trying to branch out more with my cards ;)

Gatefold Easter card
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1235

And an S fold

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1234
LeighAnn

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »
Here's a project I made from my kept kit:

Happy Spring
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »
Daniel your mail was delivered last yesterday and I opened it last night!!!!     O0 O0  I was getting worried---well actually annoyed---but now no more---I can start pondering!

oh and I'll take a photo in a few hours after there is more sunlight and then email it to you.

and your finished piece is COOL!!!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
Glad the kit arrived, Melissa. Guess it takes longer 'cause Texas is such a big state. ::) I got your email, too. Interesting observation about the 'fat man'. That'll have others wondering, won't it? ;D Have fun, pal!
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
Melissa provided me with pix! O0

Here's my March KIAE Kept/Sent Kit

Here's my 2nd Kept Project

And for good measure... Here's something Melissa shared when she placed the acetated image over the paper one just to see what that looked like.  "Take a Bow" Funny, Melissa. ;D
Daniel