Author Topic: April ATC swap sign up!  (Read 19402 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: April ATC swap sign up!
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
Cindi, I have your ATC in the mailbox!! 

Thanks Sadie for sharing which glue you used---I have not seen this glue!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
This thread is full of good tips!  There are a million and one adhesives and it's good to hear what works, and when.

Cindi if you happen to notice tiny red lint in two of your tiles, you know why
;D I won't look too closely!  Sorry it gave you fits!

I took a little bit different route with the tile technique.  I used all archival inks to try and avoid the color being picked up by the glossy layer ... but then I decided to use embossing powder instead of glossy accents.  I recently purchased what was called Ultra High Gloss Clear embossing powder from Viva Lasvegasstamps.  I pressed the tile pieces to a Versamark pad and then coated them with EP.  While the first coat of EP was still warm, I sprinkled on a second coat and heated again.  I think I got a nice glossy look with maybe a little less dimension than glossy accents.  The technique video said glossy accents dries in about 20 minutes but I don't think that is the case here in humid FL.

SWLady, your ATC is on its way! 

Note to lovepug2 : so sorry about your bouts with strep!  no fun!  You probably know, but make sure you buy a new toothbrush.   That is one way we can re-infect ourselves with colds, etc.  Also ... my daughter had strep when she started kindergarten.  3 days after her antibiotic finished, she'd get it again ... finally after probably 3 different antibiotics they treated her with a drug used to treat TB and that finally knocked it.  Hope you are done for good!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »
Pug - I'm so sorry you got strep twice.  What a bummer.  I'm glad your back to feeling yourself.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 09:06:36 AM »
TFS Cindi. ITA that this month's Challenge has provided us all with great tips & ideas! O0

I went the EP route on one of my ATCs, too (April Rain). I liked it for the speed since it didn't need drying time--AND the tiles didn't curl.  ;D A few years ago Ultra thick EP was a craze, but not having it was ok because (like you) I just kept building layers of regular clear EP. An added advantage of the EP glazing is the ability to add texture with stamps & such while the EP is still not completey cooled & set. I used a rubberstamp, but suspect clear ones would work as well.

About the only disadvantage is the thickness, but if we use thicker stock for the tiles--like matteboard--that's not a big problem.

Something we didn't discuss, but someone may have tried, is using acetate or shrink plastic for the tiles. Stamped with StazON they would still feel/look like glazed tiles & the shrink plastic becomes quite thick as well.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
LeighAnn, I am so sorry about your double illness. Hopefully with spring's arrival you will all be well soon!

Daniel, I like your ideas! I wish I had heard them before I did my ATC.  Fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »
...Daniel, I like your ideas! I wish I had heard them before I did my ATC.  Fun!

LOL, Heidi! You can always make an ATC.  ::) Actually? I like the ideas, too. But... both would most likely be labor intensive to figure some things out. I'm glad mine didn't go those routes. ;D
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »
Received a beautiful ATC from Kathy today. Can't wait for everyone to see it. It is amazing!!
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »
Sarah I received your ATC today!  I was afraid from your last posting that you scrapped the "grout" idea!---so glad to see you didn't!!  Love the image too that you used!hank you Sarah!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 09:11:06 PM »
Happy mail!  Melissa, your ATC arrived!  I love it!  I'm anxious to hear how you made the background (looks like a pretty sky).  Is it alcohol ink?  I love the image you chose and the fact that I can see sparkle and metallics through the glaze.  Very cool!  Thank you so much!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »
Melissa - glad you liked the grout effect.  I will post the pick tomorrow.

Sadie - I got happy mail today.  I love both the ATC and the card.  So very pretty. 
Sarah

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:43 AM »
I received my ATC from Cindi yesterday. It is awesome! And I love the card she sent with it! Cindi, I'm wondering how you got the paper glittery. Did it come that way or did you add something to make it glitter?

Will post pics of mine to April in a bit.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2015, 03:46:53 PM »
I am glad you liked the ATC Craft Nerd, it was fun to make.  Link To ATC

HowdyHeidi I got your ATC in the mail yesterday.  I really like the flower stamps and the colors you used.  The itty bitty bow in so cute.  Thank you very much.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
CarefreeSadie, I love your handpainted tile!  It looks so real!

SWLady, if you mean the glitter on the card, it came that way.  It is from a box of blank glitter cards, DCWV I think.
If you are referring to the glitter on the base/grout of the ATC, I used a glittery embossing powder from Sparkle 'N Sprinkle.
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 09:41:07 AM »
Wow! All this month's ATCs have been so great! It's such fun seeing how each of us appoached the requirements. I've picked up info & inspiration from all so far. And I have no doubt It'll be the same for all the ones yet to be shared.

One thing I've noticed is how well the various photos provide a sense of the 'tiles' being dimensional. I know that when we take pix of many of our prokects it's not always easy to discern what's layered on what. Sometimes there's an optical illusion that a top layer looks inlaid. So far that hasn't been true with this month's ATCs. That's even true for my 'April Rain' which is not layered in any way. I can say that 'cause Heidi took its picture.  :smile:

Can't wait to see the other ATCs! O0
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »
I'm glad you liked the ATC Cindi!! and I was hoping you would notice the sky, lol!!!   ;D  I made it by coloring with chalk and then I was going to add "clouds" with my India ink PITT pen from Faber-Castell---well the clouds kinda disappeared on the CS (as many know who have this pen has said), but I noticed it blended the chalks into a neat BG!!!  Cool!!  So I decided to color the entire BG and leaves with the pen.  I really like the results and I want to do more with the pen and chalk.  I'm so glad you noticed.   :smitten:  Below, I'll attach a photo that zooms into the chalk/india ink BG before it had glossy accent added (the zoomed in photo I attached below is from the ATC I made for my collection so it won't match the BG on your ATC, Cindi--just FYI---but it's the same colors/technique etc).

Here's the ATC I sent Cindi:  birdie tiles

I wanted to show the BG I adhered the tiles to before I added the tiles so I attached it below too.  I also attached the original tile ATC I made and you can see the curl that has---AND it is still sticky due to my absent-minded moment when making it. 

Thank you LeighAnn for a fun challenge---yes it gave me some challenge but that is GREAT!!!  I love the results and I learned alot from this swap!