Author Topic: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted  (Read 13187 times)

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted
« on: March 28, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »
Deadlines: Signups will close on March 31, 2015
                Matchups will be posted April 1, 2015
                Mail Deadline: April 6, 2015
                Gallery Deadline: April 30, 2015

Envelope Size: Regular letter/card (No specialty envelopes)

Kit Contents: Minimum of 3 stamped images (each stamped twice). Anything else in the kit is at the sender's discretion. Keep in mind that both the kept and sent kits must be identical.

April Theme: "Some Of My Favorite Things"

Requirements:

1.) Must include at least 3 of your favorite stamps (old or new) in your kits

2.) Tie your pieces (one from each kit) to one of your favorite AI challenges (former or current)

***Remember that you must use at least 3 pieces of your kept kit and received kit on each of your projects.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone creates  #>

Swap mates:
April and Cindi
Nerd and Looser
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:03:49 PM by CaribbeanGirl »
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: April 2015 KIAE Signups OPEN
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »
Woo Hoo. I'm the first to sign up.   Although picking 3 of my favorite stamps is going to be hard. 
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
OK I figure the deadlines are tight enough to allow me to join for April, April. ;D May may be a whole different matter, but it'll happen if it happens.

Since I've done a good bit of cleaning out today, I'm going to put my kits together now--before I lose track of where stuff is.

I don't have a prob with the 'fave' stamps. Mine are (often) the ones I have handy. ;D

I really like the 'AI Challenges' tie-in for our kit projects. Apart from the ones in our challenges section, we have the challenges from our fests & even some of the 'swap' ones.

We've definitely made progress since Sadie  :smitten: offered us Peas & more a place to play. O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:11:03 PM »
Sorry, I need to skip April.  I am pretty sure I will be back for May.  Will be fun to see what you guys come up with!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Woo Hoo. I'm the first to sign up.   Although picking 3 of my favorite stamps is going to be hard.

I've chosen & stamped my images. Each is fave of sorts--either the image itself, the category or the designer. Actually, Sarah? I have you to thank for helping me choose one of my faves.  ??? It was something you shared about your (previous) weekend plans. Bet you'll figure it out.  ;)

Far as the 'tie-in' to AI challenges--past & present? I did a quick cruise thru them (regular & fest ones) & I see some possibilities. But I don't think I'll gear my kit items to any particular ones.

One thing I have noticed is that many of our challenges lend themselves to creating either backgrounds or coloring images in a particular way. That should help us when we're working with pre-stamped images. 

Because I'm able to, I'm using StazOn for all my stamped images. That should help me & my swapmate when we make our projects.
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:07:31 PM »
Please sign me up!  by AI you are referring to alcohol inks right?  Just checking.
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:18:33 PM »
Please sign me up!  by AI you are referring to alcohol inks right?  Just checking.

Hi Cindi. Glad you're joining us. I'm pretty sure CarribeanGirl means 'Artsy Inkers' by AI. Of course the alcohol ink challenges can be used as inspiration for a project, but there are lots of other challenges, too. What challenge(s) you use is up to you. HTH.
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »
Daniel - glad I could help you pick one of your favs. 

I think I know 2 of the 3 stamps I'm going to pick but that last one is going to be tough to pick.  Fortunately I have Friday off, so I can spend the day putting together my kit.  It may take all day for me to decide.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:48:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure CarribeanGirl means 'Artsy Inkers' by AI.

Ahhhh, yes!  I just have alcohol ink on my brain this week.   Working on Jan's challenges.  You're right Daniel, there are lots of challenges to choose from here.
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
'Sok, Cindi. Abbreviations can be a PITA when they can stand for lots of different things. Even 'context' doesn't always help in some cases.

My kit is ready to mail. Not bragging, just know I had to do it while I could. And I made 2 pieces from my 'kept'--one uses a challenge. Again. Not being a smarty-pants. Just doing what I must with the time available.

I know CG (April) is busy with her move, but I'm sure she'll post the send-tos soon. Glad we're still keeping KIAE going & how many are able to join is not a big thing. Long as even just 2 AIs do a swap &/or challenge, it's fine. It means members are inter-acting & that's one reason we have this place. Right? O0

BTW? I'm a bit 'slow'. Took me a bit to 'get' CG's 'joke' with the theme. Hint... Julie Andrews singing her guts out in Austria 50 years ago... ::) :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
I'm finishing up moving today. I will post partners at some point tonight. I'm sorry for being absent, but this move is crazy time consuming. Hoping for a little more normalcy in the next few days!  :-\

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »
Glad you're 'moving in' CG! Me? My 'move' is still in limbo (a small town outside Rosewell NM).  #>
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Based on a short email chat with CG yesterday, I know she was being pushed heavily to get completely moved out by last nite. I'm guessing she just wasn't able to post the send-tos.

I should have asked her if she wanted me to post them, but since its just 4 of us this month--April, Sarah, Cindi & me--I don't see a big problem with a (slight) delay in getting our swapmates.

I do, however, suggest that we all have our kits ready to go by the sending deadline--April 6. Looking forward to seeing what each of us does this month.
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
Re: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »
Partners have been posted. Sorry for the delay. Worked on moving things until 11:30 last night and then got back up at 4 this morning ti finish up. I am now officially finished with that part. Now I have to put everything up in the new place. I really hate moving!!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Sorry I missed this one. I hope to be back with next months and look forward to seeing what you all create!

April, I hope the moving went well, it can be so stressful!
LeighAnn