Author Topic: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted  (Read 13182 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »
Glad you got moved, CG! Happy 'arranging'! ::)

'Sok, Pug! April & I know that we can't do everything all the time--despite our wish to. ;)

My kit to Sarah left today. O0
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 10:22:28 PM »
Yikes, April.  Moving does stink.  At least the hard part is done.

BTW? I'm a bit 'slow'. Took me a bit to 'get' CG's 'joke' with the theme. Hint... Julie Andrews singing her guts out in Austria 50 years ago... ::) :laughhard:
I didn't catch it until you mentioned it.

I am so going to have to get a move on my kit tomorrow.  ACK.  And I'm very excited to see Daniel's favorites.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »
Hope everyone had a nice Easter & isn't suffering from a sugar overload.

Kits are due for mailing today. I made it a point not to overthink what went in my envelope so I could build the kit quickly. As I've already shared, my images are 'faves', but I also kept my other items in check. It was a struggle, tho'. It's so tempting to throw in tons of stuff, isn't it?! I kept to PPs & an additonal 'something' & called it good.

'Course what you put in your kit is up to you.

As I've also shared, I did 2 projects from my kept kit. Only one is truly 'challenge-related' & it also follows the '3 item' rule. The other is 'challenge free' (unless I can find one it fits). Can't recall if I used 3 items, but I know I used 2 for sure.

Looking forward to the 'challenges' in Sarah's kit!
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »
My kit is on its way to Cindi. Can't wait to see what she makes with it  ::)
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »
With Heidi's help, I can share my 'kept' projects. :smitten:

My first is the one I did with all the 'required' stuff. It's 'stamp faves' are my recipe stamps from Sweet Stampen & the dwarf/elf/gnome from IBFS. It's challenge is StampWilly's 'Chalk Pop' Oldies. I used an 'intaglio' stamp & (made) chalk powder.  Seven pint jars;D

My 2nd project uses 2 items from my kept--the frog image (I love my frog stamps) & the butterfly scraps. Dining on the Fly.

I have a 4th fave, but haven't used it yet.  ;)
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »
Daniel,
I love your project titles, clever guy that you are!  Your coloring is awesome.  Love the mottled colors you got especially on the frog.  Good for you, ahead of the game.

:o I missed last call at the PO yesterday, I'm ashamed to say.  Rest assured your envelope is on its way April.

Unlike Daniel,
I made it a point not to overthink what went in my envelope
.  Overthinking is what I do best!  I had a hard time picking favorite stamps.  I love all my "children" equally, haha.  Finally I picked one stamp that I just love "his" smile, another that represents one of life's simple pleasures that I thoroughly enjoy, and another that I really like the stamp and it's real life counterparts.  You'll have to wait and see what they are.

Maybe I can play with my kit tonight ... I have some challenges in mind.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »
Your kit went postal yesterday, Daniel.  As I tend to do, it is stuffed full of stuff.  And I didn't limit myself to 3 favorites.   :o  Hey, the rules just say at least 3 favorites, April didn't prohibit us from including more.  You gotta watch us lawyer types, we'll find the loophole.   ;D

I can't wait to get my hand on that frog image.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I can't wait.

I started my kept kit yesterday by doing the watercolor embossing technique from Winterfest.  I love that technique.

Oh, and I love your pieces Daniel.  They came out fabulous.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
I finished a card from my kept kit tonight.  I tied it to Far North's alcohol ink challenge series.  I'm going to wait until April gets her kit in the mail before I post it.  It feels good to be 1/2 done.  Now I can relax and watch for happy mail!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »
LOL, Sarah! There are more than 3 images in my kit, too. Glad you like froggie. He's a stamp from IBFS. I considered using 'Fergus', but figgured a less-detailed image would give us a greater chance to play. Far as how much is in your 'sent' kit? I like stuff!

LOL, Cindi! I can overthink with the best of them, but (right now) it's a luxury I can't afford. :(
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
I got happy mail today.  Daniel's fabulous kit arrived.  Those scraps are really cool.  I can't wait to play with them.  And I have an idea of what I want to do with froggie.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
Glad the kit arrived, Sarah. Have fun.

As you can see, my 4th image is one of the Rick St. Dennis bears. Many of them are definite faves for me. Not sure if I'll get a chance to use the image, but may try--maybe for a Christmas card using Cindi's April prompt (flowers).
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 12:04:50 PM »
Hooray! A GOOD Mail Day for me! Sarah's envelope--very well stamped  ;D--just arrived! It's full of lots of goodies. Did a quick looksee & have already chosen an image I want to use. WTG, Nerd & Thank You! O0
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
So glad to see that kits are starting to arrive! I received my kit from Cindi today as well. Cannot wait to get started on it. It is fabulous!! Probably won't get to it until next week as I still have to work on my ATC for LeighAnn's swap. I'm also coaching my little creature's soccer team and he's playing t-ball, so things are quite busy around here :o Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am off to get ready for soccer practice  #>
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »
Hurray!  Everybody's happy!  I got my kit today too!  I love the images, all new to me.  Thanks for the nicely coordinated kit, April.  My neighbor/friend has a birthday next week and she loves her kitty so I might just get her a card made.

I hope you didn't have any of that nasty weather that crossed the country yesterday.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
Glad you like the kit, Daniel.

I finished my received kit card this weekend, but I haven't photoed it yet.  And I have my kept kit project mostly done.  I just need to assemble it.
Sarah