Author Topic: July ATC Swap. Partners posted  (Read 7846 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: July ATC Swap. Partners posted
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
LeighAnn, it will be interested to see if Ranger has any idea why that happened.

I received Ann's ATC today.  Ann, please share in the gallery!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 05:58:05 PM »
I got a respomse that it could be humidity causing it to happen but more likely something wrong with the dispenser tip on the bottle since my other alcohol inks seem to be fine. They offered to send me a new one! What great customer service.
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
Sarah the mailman just picked up your ATC!  It's on the way!

~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
Yikes, LeighAnn - exploding alcohol ink.  It is great to hear you received such great customer service from Ranger.

Ok, I thought the mail date was the 16th, so mine is going to be a bit late.  It will be going postal tomorrow.  Sorry Ann.

Melissa - I'll be on the look out.

My trip to NC was lovely. 
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
Melissa - you can post your ATC, I received it yesterday.  It came out really cool and I especially like how you used the gesso.  I'm going to have to give that a try.  And I absolutely love the card.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 07:13:54 AM »
I really hope my ATC arrives today or soon.  The waiting always makes me nervous!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 11:34:38 AM »
I'm glad you liked both items Sarah!  I really thought the stamp reminded me of you walking one of your puppies----although the dog in the stamp doesn't look like he'd/she'd eat pumpkin mix, lol!   ;D

Here's the ATC I sent her: July celebration

As I mentioned in the description, I was so surprised the red bled out into the gesso (but then again, I do not have much experience with gesso and AI)--but also the red bled out of the purples the red and blue had made.  I still think the ATC is cool looking, but I expected to see the ATC one way, leave it over night, and then it looks different the next day!  :o

I do want to try gesso and AI again, even if it does bleed--that might can be neat depending on how it's used. 

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »
What a fun ATC, ,Melissa! I've worked a lot with gesso but not much with gesso and alcohol inks. The tech ieie you did looks like fun!

Heidi, I know what you mean, the postal system makes me nervous! It hasn't arrived yet but our mail has been running late afternoon the past couple of weeks so I will let you know this evening If I get it today!
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 09:42:21 PM »
LeighAnn I received your ATC today!  It was a surprise to me since I forgot all about receiving one, lol!!  It is so fun and I love the card!!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »
Heidi, I got your ATC today! I love it and can't wait to hear more about it. I'm so impressed at how you were able to have some white spaces on it. The card you sent it in was really cute too, thank you!

Melissa, I'm glad it arrived safely! I will post it later tonight:)
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »
Here is my ATC:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1810#top_display_media

I had a whole lot of fun making this, and I also uploaded a card in the gallery that I made with my leftover piece of Alcohol Inked acetate. 

The white spaces were made by using the Snow Cap mixative.  I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, but I never knew how to use it until I worked on this card.  It is a good product!  Now I just need to figure out what to do with the black that came in the pack with the white!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »
Heidi, I didn't know about the snow cap mixative, it looks like it would be fun to play around with! I bet the black would be fun for some Halloween cards, I wonder if it's hard to blend?

Here is my ATC I sent to Melissa
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1812
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 07:56:54 PM »
LeighAnn, I was thinking the same thing about the black mixative and Halloween cards.

Ann messaged me that she received the ATC I sent her.  And as soon as I find my camera, I'll post the picture. 

Ladies, you have created some fabulous ATCs.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
Good idea about the black mixative. I don't think I have purple AI, but I might have something close to orange. 
~~Heidi~~