Author Topic: August ATC swap Partners posted  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: August ATC swap Partners posted
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
Today I sent and received ATCs!  Yippee! 

I mailed my ATC to Ann and came home to find two too cool ATCs from Daniel!  The embossing/debossing details are fantastic!  Daniel sent a cardstock ATC which is neat in the way he stamped the image and then cut around it to form a one piece ATC ... you'll just have to see it.

And, I'm the happy holder of a metal worked ATC where the embossing really shines! 

Daniel, are you able to photograph and upload or would you like me to do all or part of the process?  I can email you a digital photo that you can upload to the gallery, or I can upload for you.  Let me know what's best for you.

Thank you so much for the awesome ATCs!  PS the backgrounds are just as cool and perfect for the images.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »
I found I have Yankee's address in my PMs here. I am going to send out my ATC today.  I did not find anything I wanted to add to it.

Also, at first I thought that this was an odd color combo, but as I worked with it, I found I think it is a really good combo for any wedding cards, or general cards that could be for men or women.  I really like it! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 09:14:04 AM »
Well, heck. You guys beat me to the mailbox.  I was done.  I even put on the labels, carefully typed--very professional.  The only problem was the word "khaki."  It didn't look right to me.  Well, it did look right, but something seemed wrong.  After they were all attached to the ATCs, I double-checked the spelling on the package.  Whoops.  I had to white out the word and write in the word "kraft."

I'm going to go take a picture right now so I can get one in the mail today.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
I don't understand the kraft cardstock vs kraft as a color distinction.  I always thought it was cardstock that was the kraft color (sort of the color of paper bag).

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »
I don't understand the kraft cardstock vs kraft as a color distinction.  I always thought it was cardstock that was the kraft color (sort of the color of paper bag).

Daria

I don't think it is a big deal, and I agree that kraft definitely seems to come from the brown paper that must have been then used for crafts (why the k?).  But there are at least a couple ink manufacturers who have kraft colored ink on the market. 

NEVER MIND!  kraft is a process, and I guess using kraft paper for crafts is just coincidence!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_paper
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:51:44 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »
Here are the gallery links to the ATCs I received from Looser yesterday.

Cardstock version

and

Bonus metal version

Thanks again Daniel!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
I don't understand the kraft cardstock vs kraft as a color distinction.

Daria, I think in this case it's just how Daniel chose to interpret the challenge.  He didn't use kraft cardstock, but he did use a kraft colored ink.
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
Heidi, I also went to Wikipedia.  lol.  I didn't know that there were ink pads named kraft.  I wonder what they look like.  I think the color that Daniel used on his pieces work perfectly for kraft. 

Daniel, your ATCs are very special.  I caught my breath when I saw the first one--for me, that was the cardstock version.

Daria

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »
Glad you liked the ATCs, Cindi & all. Yes. I chose to interpret 'kraft' as a color, but after reading the Wikipedia piece I see that it is indeed a process for making a particular type of paper--very interesting. And... I see that kraft-process paper can be bleached white so even the idea of Kraft paper being brown is not always true. Who knew?  ;D

Far as the K in kraft? I figured it was German--they spell ceramics as 'Keramics', too.

My other 2 ATCs are both craft foam ones, but use the same items as the paper & metal ones. 
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:55 AM »
I forgot to check the mail yesterday, I did so this morning and what a surprise! I had one from Yankee and a surprise one from Daniel!

Both are so fantastic and brightened my morning! Thank you both so much!

Daniel I will get a pic and send it to ha so you can share yours O0

As far as the color combo goes, I need to link the card I saw that inspired this challenge. I found it one day on a pinterest but the link was empty. I need to research it, I think it was from prairie paper and ink . It was a Christmas card and I loved how the colors worked together.

Lol, I always thought of "Kraft" as a paper but I looked at some of my inks and I found one that is  a dead match for Kraft!

I want to start a separate thread on Kraft card stock comparisons. I was working on a card for Stampwillys oldies challenge and was surprised at how each paper works differently with the technique in her challenge.

I finally got stamps yesterday, I went out on Wednesday to do errands and forgot them. So Jans's will go out today!
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
I mailed mine on Thursday morning.

LeighAnn, which of your inks is a match for kraft? 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
I also got a surprise ATC from Daniel and I photo'd and uploaded it into the gallery now.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
I put my ATC in gallery.  It is not as wonderful as Daniels, but as he likes to remind me, we are not competing here.  Anyway it is just plain stamping and embossing.  I love this little dog, he makes me smile.  Reminds me of the Dick and Jane books.  I have done him several times in browns and this is the first time in white, still cute.
I did stencil the circles behind him in black ink and the paper makes it look like brown ink.  Some of the different Kraft papers do strange stuff.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
Yankee,
Yes!  That must be what appealed to me so much about your ATC  ;), the Dick and Jane connection!  That really is a cute dog image and I love the spots and spot saying with it.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 03:02:34 PM »
My ATC from Daria arrived today!  Thank you and I hope you will be able to share it in the gallery soon!
~~Heidi~~