Author Topic: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery  (Read 18346 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
RE: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »
It looks to me like all the die cut packets have now been received but if anyone is still waiting please send me a PM.  Thank you Sadie for opening a folder in the gallery for the Die Cut Swap...so we all can enjoy finding inspiration long after this month.  Please label the title and tag with the words Die Cut Swap. 

Have you seen the gallery recently?  It is beaming with inspiration!  Sadie has posted several cards with many of the die cuts she received and as well LeighAnn and April have shared how they colored their die cuts and used them...Many thanks for sharing!  Looking forward to seeing more!
...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »
I have't heard if Kathy received my envelope yet.  Maybe I missed her note, but hopefully it is there or nearly there! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 12:07:03 PM »
I did receive the envelope Heidi! Thanks, I love them all! I received my envelope from CraftNerd also. I posted it in the wrong forum, hehehe.

I too am being a slug. Haven't decided what to do with mine yet, but I will work on them this week!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »
Oh good, Kathy! 

Jan, in the OP you said we need to make a card.  Just double checking before I work on my project more if it must be a card or if it could be a tag.  No problem either way, just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

TIA.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »
Yes, Heidi I would still like cards to be made.  Not all card-makers make tags therefore I would like players for this swap to show how they would use the die cuts on a card. I hope this will provide the maximum inspiration for the person who provided the die cuts. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2015, 07:21:23 PM »
Thanks, I will work on a card for sure. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »
Here is a Christmas card I made usings several of the die cuts I received.  I have one other ornament finished, but decided to save it for another project.  There is still plenty in the envelope for me to work with as well.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2166&message_id=34468ceffa288ce5e98c7f5a1144cc26&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »
I just posted my card.  I love this die-cut.  I actually have the die, but I've never used it.  I bought it after using one at a workshop a year or two ago.  Now that I have used the die-cut that April sent, I know I'll use my die a lot.  Thank you, April!

I've been busy with cards and life so I haven't checked out all the cards posted to this thread yet.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do that tomorrow.

Thank you, Jan, for the swap/challenge.
Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »
I made two cards today with the diecuts that I received from Sadie. I had a moment of panic though, I couldn't find my die cuts! I typically only get crafting done while my boys are asleep or napping and so sometimes I have to pack up my stuff quickly to keep my littlest from getting into everything. It took me almost 30 minutes to find them, I had stashed them in a watercolor paper pad ::)

Sorry for the bad lighting, it's been rainy and gloomy here today- here are 2 I finished :)
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2172#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2171#top_display_media

Great cards, Heidi and Daria!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:50:00 PM by lovepug2 »
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:12 AM »
Heidi, Daria and LeighAnn-fantastic success with your diecuts!  Your gallery posts are wonderful!  Thank you for your creative thoughts in coloring the white die cuts. Continue to use your die cuts and post here as you wish.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
This morning I am posting cards I made with die cuts from Cindi.  Here is a link to my gallery post.

I used my new Hero Arts layer tree set as the focal image.  I like it better than my first version but this morning Art Impression's video was on water coloring a front door surronded by a snowy scene....and I learned some new things about water coloring snow.  Now I have some new ideas to try.  If any one is interestrf in AI's water coloring videos please see Heidi's thread on the Technique Board.

Here is my card with a 2nd die cut-a stocking from Cindi.

Heidi, earlier I posted about wanting players to create a card for this challenge.  But please know after 1 card you are welcome to use the die cuts as you wish and link to this thread at any time. Your new posting of your ornament tag in the gallery is wonderful!

...Jan

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:35:05 PM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
I have been thinking about this challenge and procrastinating  about starting it.    But today was the day.  I really liked how it turned out and had the perfect paper , the perfect stamp and the perfect diet cut and it all came together.  I really like this card.  I like how my die cut came out with 2 colors of embossing powder.

Thanks for the challenge.

Here is my card:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2189&message_id=bd61ade5de502954ed7473cfbb8d3c60&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2015, 11:20:15 PM »
Ann, so glad your card making with the die cut came together you!  Thank you for sharing the use double color embossing!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2015, 09:14:57 PM »
I've got one card finished, but I haven't had a chance to take a pic yet.  It uses a die from LeighAnn.  And I have a card in the works with two dies from Sadie but it isn't finished yet.

I did use a die from LeighAnn on my ATC for my swap.  Here it is.  November ATC swap

I need to go check out the gallery.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2015, 01:23:21 AM »
Wow, what luck to receive a die cut proportioned to wonderfully fit into your Christmas tree scene!  Great ATC!
Looking forward to seeing your cards too!...thanks your playing.
...Jan