Author Topic: Happy Mail Swap#2 Light and Airy  (Read 12988 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Happy Mail Swap#2 Light and Airy
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Congrats Leigh Ann on jumping in so quickly!  You are the 1st one done that has posted here.  Looking forward to seeing your card!

LOL-I am totally finding this challenge harder for me than anticipated.  I totally agree a CAS design would probably be the easiest to support the light and airy feeling.  But I continue to add too much and lose the light and airy feel. :tickedoff: Friday is the mailing deadline I must find some more time! 

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »
Jan, I quickly found myself wanting to add more! I originally had only planned on using 2 layers but I couldn't handle all the white space! Which is weird, I usually like when others do cards like that!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 07:50:34 AM »
The deadline is nearly here and I do not have a card yet. I have some parts that I was thinking of using but it hasn't come together quite yet. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »
I have mine all ready. Just realized I don't have April's address! LOL. So I PM'd her and will get it in the mail tomorrow.

I too have to slap my hand from adding more stuff, hehehe.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
Sheila, I think I forgot to mention that I got your wonderful card earlier this week.  I love the stamp that you used.  Sorry, for not replying sooner - deep cleaning craft room, and fixing clutter.   :laughhard:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 10:13:52 AM »
I decided to go in a different direction than my original thought.  My card is now completed and drying and my envelope is made out. I just need to photograph the card.  Light and Airy is one of those themes that will be interesting to see how each person defines it in terms of the product use. 

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
Card is done, notes and photo taken for posting once Jan receives it ... Lucky me, P.O. is just up the street so I can pop it in an envelope and get it postmarked by 5pm.  (even though Jan gave me till midnight  ;), thanks Jan, it took the pressure off a little!)
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »
I had a little trouble keeping it light and airy too.  I kept auditioning things, but in the end I think I managed to leave it alone just enough.  I think I might make another card now that every counter in the kitchen is full of stamping supplies, haha! 

Thank you Jan!  You got me stamping again.  (I put down the crochet and picked up the stamps.)  This experience also might be the motivation I need to clean up the craft space!  It would be much easier to make a card if I didn't have to worry about tripping over stuff in the process of digging out supplies!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:49:02 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
Got mine to April in the mail!

Kathy

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 08:29:35 PM »
I received my cute and glittery card from April.  Thank you, l love it.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
The Friday the 13th computer gremlin must have eaten my earlier post here today!  I know I wrote and saw that I had published it but it is no longer here...oh well.

I too had twists with how I approached this challenge. And for me it got rather time consuming in testing and changing directions more than once.  But finally I came up with something I liked. Funny as I was trying to take photos a small breeze kicked up and every one of my first photos had blurry shadows.  But I got it the 2nd time around and got to the post office early afternoon.

Thanks every one for making a final dash to complete your cards and get it to the post office.  The only one I am not sure about is UtahAnn.
I look forward to seeing them in the gallery after your partner receives your Happy Mail.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
How ironic Jan, that a breeze blew by to disturb your "airy" cards! LOL! I will post a picture of my card tomorrow.

April :smile:

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 06:08:40 AM »
My card went out on Thursday and I let my recipient know it was in the mail, but forgot to log in here.  Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:30 PM »
Thanks Ann for letting us know.  Good to know all are in the mail and everyone should be receiving Happy Mail this week who haven't already.

April glad you caught the humor of my shadow dilemma! 

Looking  forward to seeing more postings in the gallery soon.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »