Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Springfest 2023 - Ombré WINNER ANNOUNCED

(1/5) > >>

howdyheidi:
Easy Ombré Resist

1. Heat emboss a background stamp on watercolor cardstock. I think any color embossing powder would work. I used clear. (If you don’t have a background stamp, just repeat any stamp all over a background to get a similar look.  If you don’t have watercolor cardstock, regular will work okay.)
2. Take a dye inkpad (I used Distress ink) and apply it direct to paper across the center of your background.   Use a heavy touch and you can also apply it back and forth a few times to get a very dark color.
3. Take a baby wipe (OR a damp paper towel) and rub in circles starting from the center and then working out to the edge of the cardstock.  Use a light to medium pressure when doing this.  This gives you an ombré effect, lighter and lighter on the edges and dark in the center.

Here is the blog where I found this technique.  She has a photo tutorial.

https://songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com/song_of_my_heart_stampers/2017/01/photo-tutorial-ombre-resist-technique.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FrmCl+%28Song+of+My+Heart+Stampers%29

I hope you enjoy this!  I had to do it twice before I got one that I liked.  The first time I used too heavy of a touch when rubbing the ink out and didn’t get as much of an ombré look.

Please complete a card with your background to finish this challenge.

howdyheidi:
Here is my sample:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5958#top_display_media

Canadian, eh:
Your sample is stunning, Heidi!  I hope you don't mind if I use my new stamps from SU that can be made into oranges, grapefruit, etc.  You really inspired me to put them to good use--haven't used them yet.

howdyheidi:

--- Quote from: Canadian, eh on March 25, 2023, 07:57:16 AM ---Your sample is stunning, Heidi!  I hope you don't mind if I use my new stamps from SU that can be made into oranges, grapefruit, etc.  You really inspired me to put them to good use--haven't used them yet.

--- End quote ---

Of course!  Use whatever you like!  And thank you!

stampwilly:
Your card is beautiful! I have some ideas already!

April :smile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version