Author Topic: INK16 Fest Wrap UP  (Read 2543 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
INK16 Fest Wrap UP
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:47:34 PM »
I just wondered how the crafting went for everyone this fest?  Which card that you made was your favorite project?  What did you learn?  Which technique would you want to do-over?  Did you get to use any new stamps or new products?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: INK16 Fest Wrap UP
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 10:51:40 PM »
Hello Heidi!

I had a fun fest even though I crammed most of my projects in just this weekend.  It was great to get inky again!  I'm happy with my projects.  I used everything from super old SU stamps to new this month Halloween Tim Holtz stamps.  I used a sticker on a card, dies I've neglected and revisited polished stone.  Wait till you see the project that I started and hope to finish tomorrow ... it uses a real blast from the past embellishment!

I think my favorite finished project might be my foil Christmas tree card.  My favorite technique was polished stone ... I didn't want to quit!  I used brand new stamps, and stamps that I've had sitting here un-inked for a long time, as well as an old favorite (the SU Christmas tree).
I played right up to the very end!  Might just save clean up for tomorrow morning  ::)

How about you Heidi?  What were your faves? etc?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »
I thought it was a really fun fest, too.  I did most of my projects on the weekends and not so much in the week.  It is just how it worked out. 

I did get to use a brand new die, but for the most part, I used stamps that I have had for 6 months or longer.  I don't think any of them were uninked, but they were definitely underused, for the most part.  I did use some of my newer versafine ink cubes.

I really enjoyed doing the spotty dotty challenge.  That was fun to use the pencil eraser and do all kinds of stamping!  I will probably do Jan's challenge with the opening in the card front again since I can see alot of possibilities with it.

I did enjoy getting out my glossy cardstock and acetate for different challenges!  I was pleasantly surprised that stamping on the acetate seems easier than it did years ago! 

So all in all, it was great!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:53:41 AM »
stamping on the acetate seems easier than it did years ago! 

Yeah, why is that?  It seems that it used to be super slippery.  Maybe our Stazon has gotten older and stickier?  I re-inked twice this week because my pad seemed dry. 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
stamping on the acetate seems easier than it did years ago! 

Yeah, why is that?  It seems that it used to be super slippery.  Maybe our Stazon has gotten older and stickier?  I re-inked twice this week because my pad seemed dry.

I also reinked quite a bit. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:00:31 AM »
I was so looking forward to this, did most of the stamping at the beginning.
Favorite project, making cards with the polished stone.  I don't think I have ever used it as a whole background.
Just cut pieces or Atcs.  And that was fun.  I was so scared stamping on acetate, till I remembered that Jennifer McGuiler said it wipes off with alcohol.  I wiped that butterfly off at least three times.  Then I misplaced the acetate sheets, still haven't found them.  So I didn't do the last challange with the foil.
I did use some new stamps that friend gave me, those cute animals.  I think they came from card mag. But not
Sure and not my style.  I do have cute bunny stamps because I collect bunnies and balloons.  But I don't buy cute!
What did I learn acetate isn't scary, and I need to use more polished stone as whole backgrounds.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »
Yankee, I love the cute animals, so I am sure you will find a recipient who will love those cards too.

Yes, acetate is super hard to find since it is CLEAR!  Hah.  I also needed to use the alcohol to fix one of my butterflies.  It really does take the pressure off of getting a perfect impression the first time.

Thanks for sharing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 06:51:44 PM »
  I was pleasantly surprised that stamping on the acetate seems easier than it did years ago! 

I thought the same thing.  I wonder if it could be because we are more experienced stampers.

I had a great time during this fest.

I think I will probably do all the techniques again. Especially since I had a few ideas that I didn't get a chance to do during the fest. 

And I learned I need to use acetate more and that embossing powders work well on acetate.

I used a bunch of new products: the little village dies, the critter stamps, the poinsettia stamps, the little poinsettia die, the holly leaf die, and a couple of the alcohol inks I used.  I really have to stop shopping.  ;D

My favorite is a toss up between the white Christmas tree comboing Heidi and Connie's challenges and the poinsettia card for the Bingo twist. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:54:53 PM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 08:29:42 PM »
Cool, it i always fun to hear what other people think.

For once, I have some crafty mojo left after a fest. I made 3 Christmas cards today.
~~Heidi~~