Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2022  (Read 1748 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2022
« on: June 30, 2022, 05:58:38 PM »
Well, it’s time to get those Christmas cards going if you haven’t already made a bunch.  I’ve been stitching to keep myself sane the past couple of months so I have a lot of backgrounds ready to go.  I’m hoping to turn many of them into Christmas cards this month.

You guys made a ton of Christmas cards in July last year so, hopefully, this will be another productive month.  Last year, the cards ended up in two files, Christmas in July and Christmas All Year 2021.  This year, we have just one album for this challenge, and Sadie has already set it up for us. 

If you looking for inspiration, check out Cindi’s past Christmas All Year threads; she posts an optional theme each month that you can use if it inspires you.

The Challenge:
You have a full month--July 1 through July 31--to post your entries.  Please post your cards in the Winter Holiday Cards in July 2022 album and link your cards to this Discussion Thread.  The challenge ends on July 31 at 11:59 pm your time.  If they are in the right album when I check the morning of August 1, they will count.

Remember you must enter only new cards--nothing you posted prior to July 1, the first day of the challenge.  If you have a special technique you'd like to use that does not include stamping, your card will still count.  It would be nice to combine stamping with other techniques, but sometimes that isn't feasible, and I want your cards to be something you will love.  Therefore, your paste-embossed, embroidered, stenciled, Iris folded, die-cut, etc. cards are welcome.

Requirements:
1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge.

2. When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, please describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used.  Some information that you could share:
Stamps:
Cardstock/Papers:
Card Size:
Inks/Coloring Medium:
Accessories:
Technique:

Next, come back to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went—tips to help us or advice so we can avoid or fix problems.

Prize:
There will be a prize awarded at the end of the challenge.  Your name will go into the hat once for every card you post in the gallery and link to the discussion thread. OK. I already know that the next question is do I get my name in the hat 10 times if I make 10 of the same card. I'll say you can get your name in the hat up to three times for multiples of the same design. Fair enough? There's no limit to the number of different cards you can post. You'll get credit for each different card.

I hope you'll join us and begin making your December holiday cards.  I love seeing the cards you post every year.  Hopefully, we can inspire and motivate each other.  Don't forget to have fun!

Daria

ETA:  Signing into the gallery is really super easy.  Just click on "Register" which is next to the "log-in" tab.  Follow the directions.

I clicked on "Remember Me," but you don't have to if you don't mind logging in each time you go there.  When I registered, it said I'd get an email and I just needed to click on the link there to be able to log in.  Cindi told me she got that email; I never did.  However, I was able to log in a few hours later.  Maybe Sadie worked some magic behind the scenes?  Give it a try.

djc
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:14:57 AM by djc »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »
Thanks for hosting Daria, sounds great!

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 10:25:01 PM »
Hi, Connie.
I always love seeing all the cards that get posted to this challenge.   I sure hope I get some cards made this month too. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 08:16:25 AM »
I’m so glad we are doing this challenge again this year! I have not made many Christmas cards this year yet. I need to get out my supplies and decide where to start! 

Also, I cannot believe it is July already!!!!

Thank you for the challenge, Daria!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 08:35:24 AM »
I meant to post this card for the June challenge but forgot so I am starting the month off with this card.  The base was cut from pattern paper, Cindi's option for June was to use colored cardstock but I kept thinking we have so many pattern papers that are quite thick, that could be used for a card base and we can use up more of our 12x12 papers too, so that is what I used. 
The berries are a layered stamp set from the Greetery, I did have trouble lining up those little berries but the rest went pretty well, I just stamped two on top of one another, the jar is a stamp from another company.  After finishing it and going to find a sentiment, I thought you know this could go for a winter birthday card too, so that is why I used the sentiment I went with, figured it could go either way depending on what I need at the time :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5801#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 09:05:38 AM »
Connie, I'm going to have to check out the Greetery.  I love that stamp.  Beautiful card!  Thank you for getting us started. 

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 09:31:09 AM »
Thanks for this challenge again! This always helps me get more Christmas cards made. It will be a fun month of cardmaking.

April :smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »
April, I just saw your two cards in the gallery.  Both are wonderful.  The first card you posted makes me want to check out my embossing folders.  I also have the kraft core cardstock.

Thanks for playing.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 04:26:40 PM »
I made some progress today.  I finished my design team cards, so I was free to start organizing Christmas stuff. I think I got out all my Christmas stamps, papers and so on.  I even made one card!  It is pretty simple but a good start.  I also found a little bag with some half done cards in them, so I will work on those next.

I still need to set up my gallery login so I will work on that too.  Hoping to photograph and post my card by tomorrow. 

~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 09:21:00 AM »
Good for you, Heidi.  That's a good way to start.  Don't you love when you find card parts just waiting to become cards?  When I used up my stash and wasn't making cards, that's what I did.  I knew I had a lot of backgrounds, but I hadn't realized that I also had some images that were already colored.  Problem solved.

I'm still stitching.  I am also slowly building up my supply of the die-cut I want to use and layering that so it will be ready to go.

Daria

ETA:  Signing into the gallery is really super easy.  Just click on "Register" which is next to the "log-in" tab.  Follow the directions. 

I clicked on "Remember Me," but you don't have to if you don't mind logging in each time you go there.  When I registered, it said I'd get an email and I just needed to click on the link there to be able to log in.  Cindi told me she got that email; I never did.  However, I was able to log in a few hours later.  Maybe Sadie worked some magic behind the scenes?  Give it a try.

djc

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:14:19 AM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »
Okay! I didn’t have time to make more cards today but I did take a quick photo and set up my gallery.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5807#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »
Daria, I’m so glad you’re hosting this challenge again!  We’re on vacation this week so I won’t be able to start until next week, but I’ll try to keep up with the gallery. 

I love what I’ve seen so far!

Heidi, I don’t have any Kitchen Sink stamps.  I love all the detail in that bulb and the fonts for the sentiments are really nice too.  Where do you find that brand?

Connie, your layered berries are beautiful too.  I didn’t think I’d have patience for layered stamps but now I’m thinking I should try again.  I love the jar you put them in!

April, so many clever ways to use that cat in the window stamp!  Nice job!

Daria, keep stitching!  It’s nice to have a stash of ready to use backgrounds!  I should have thought to bring some pieces to stitch on vacation.  Would travel well I bet.  I brought the leftover yarn from the baby blanket, thinking I might make our granddaughter a blanket for her doll. 

We’re lucky to have both of our daughters, sons in law and grandkids here with us and MIL too.  She’s happily holding Kason while he naps.  We’re in Siesta Key, FL.  I haven’t gotten out yet but DH and SIL went out to get mini donuts this morning and they were warm!  They watched them being made!  I bet we have more donuts in our future!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:22:35 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2022, 02:56:33 PM »
Heidi, I am glad you were able to sign onto the gallery and post your first card.  Kitchen Sink Stamps is new to me.  I need to check them out.  Love the card.
Cindi, I look forward to seeing your cards when you are home and have time to make cards.  Enjoy your holiday.
April, All four of your cards are wonderful.  I love that patterned paper,  I looked for it, but it looks like that one might be retired already.  I did do a search for your Penguin.  He definitely is retired.  Darn.  I'll keep an eye out on eBay for him.

Thank you all for playing. 
Daria