Author Topic: INF14 Starting Point - WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 8264 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
INF14 Starting Point - WINNER ANNOUNCED
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
If you are anything like me, you start a project with the stamp or stamps and work from there.  And usually the last thing I pick out are the embellishments.  So for this challenge, I want you to start with the embellishments. 

Requirements: Pick at least two different embellishments and use them as the inspiration for your project.  Two buttons do not count as your two different embellishments, but a button and ribbon will count, and you of course can use two buttons on your project as long as you have a third embellishment that is different.

Be sure to include SPINF14 as a keyword when you post your project to the gallery.  And link your project to this thread.

Combining challenges: But of course.

Deadline: You have until midnight your local time on Sunday Oct. 12 to post your project.

I think that covers it.  But feel free to ask any questions here.

Sample

ETA:  The project can be anything - card, ATC, scrapbook page, whatever.  And I forgot to mention that there will be a RAK for a randomly selected winner.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:37:40 AM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: INF14 Starting Point
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »
Well, this is the challenge for me, because I usually start with my stamp and then barely add any embellishments, if any, to my projects.  What a great challenge, I look forward to trying it!

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
Yep!  This is gonna be a challenge!  But I have an idea ...
Thanks Sarah, I need a push to use some embellishments.  I forget about them most of the time!
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »
Interesting, I could use that pile of stuff laying on my craft desk for this challenge, or not.....LOL  Thank you for hosting this challenge Craft Nerd.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
Yeah, I have way too many embellishments going unused.  And I figured I probably wasn't the only one.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Well I actually did use the gold buckle that was laying on my desk.  I found a piece of ribbon and then found paper to match.  Then I found a flower stamp and the square for behind it.  I found some itty bitty flowers and metal jewels to go on the bottom of the ribbon.  I don't know it just seems backwards to me to start with the buckle and work around it.  Thank you Craft Nerd for making me look at projects in a different way.  The buckle and ribbon is in the picture at the bottom of this post.

Another Flower Card
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:36:02 PM by CarefreeSadie »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
Sadie - lovely card.  I'm glad my challenge got you thinking about a project in a different way.  And I think I may have to add Inktense pencils to my wish list. I really like the results you got using them to color the flower.

Thanks for playing.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »
Sadie, did you stamp first and then color with inktense, or did you color on the stamp with the pencils, add water and stamp?.  I have seen people do that with the blocks, but hadn't thought to try with my pencils. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
Sadie, did you stamp first and then color with inktense, or did you color on the stamp with the pencils, add water and stamp?.  I have seen people do that with the blocks, but hadn't thought to try with my pencils.

I stamped with memento morocco ink which matches the Inktense color I used really well.  I could have colored the paper first and then stamped because I cut it out anyway.  I never thought of doing it that way.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
Thanks, that makes sense now!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 11:32:45 AM »
Here is my entry! I combined this with the Lighten Up challenge. Thanks, ladies for the fun challenges.

First is the picture of the embellishments used and second is the card I made.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=625#top_display_media
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=626#top_display_media

Stampwilly

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »
Stampwilly - your card is fantastic.  I really love that tree.  Did you make it yourself?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
I finished this challenge and must it twas NOT easy!
I combined this challenge with 2 others-Mixed Media and Paper toweling stamping!
Thanks Sarah for hosting and already leaving a gallery comment.

Here is my card.

...Jan

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Lots of fun entries for this!

I had s finished card but when I snapped a pic of my card the pp was extremely crooked >:(. It's very noticeable in pics so I carefully ripped it off and adhered it to another base. I will upload tonight.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »
Lots of fun entries for this!

I had s finished card but when I snapped a pic of my card the pp was extremely crooked >:(. It's very noticeable in pics so I carefully ripped it off and adhered it to another base. I will upload tonight.

Isn't that funny how that happens, that has happened to me too.

I still need to choose some embellies. I think I may go with christmas ones since I have quite a few of those. 
~~Heidi~~