Author Topic: This and That Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!  (Read 4581 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
This and That Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »
This challenge will help you use up some of your scraps that you will have left over from the other Inktober challenges! Please basically follow the technique in this tutorial. As you will see below, I made one of my cards a little differently and you may also!

tutorial -- http://www.patstamps.com/tutorials_artwork/1213/Circle_Strips_Tutorial.pdf

Please use this technique and since we are a stamping board, please use at least one stamped image on your card. You may combine this challenge with other Inktober challenges and the Christmas All Year challenge.

Please upload your card to the gallery with this heading -- INK17TT.  Make sure to link it here on this post so that we won't miss it. Most of all have FUN! ;D  I will also be giving an RAK to a random winner!

April :smile:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:14:24 PM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: This and That Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
Super challenge, April! I have seen similar sketches before, but never this tutorial!  I will be happy to use up some of my scraps this way.  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:48 AM »
I've tried this sketch previously but wasn't very successful with my own background papers...I didn't have enough common elements that pulled the card together.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for a better alternative.
Thanks for the challenge April!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:22:48 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
Ps. I love  :smitten: your samples.  What great images and papers.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
Gorgeous samples, I love using my scraps!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »
I had fun using some PP scraps for this challenge. I kept to the LO,  but decided to not antique it.
I'm still not able to get my phone to link. Hope you understand.
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
Thanks, Daniel for doing the challenge! I have seen your cute card! left you a comment.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the video and pretty samples!  It will be fun to use some printed papers.  It's always fun to try a card sketch.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
Oh my goodness I have been making so many mistakes tonight, I totally lost all the info about the cards I made and I totally put everything away so I could start a new challenge.   Then I realized the second card doesn't have a stamped image, the sentiment is stamped but that's it. But I did love the challenge, I used a 6x6 paper pack that I have had all of these scraps from making A2 cards, so this challenge was perfect!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3610#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3609#top_display_media

The flower card went out in the mail this morning and the butterfly goes out tomorrow so this was a perfect challenge to get birthday cards completed :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
Connie, your cards are so lovely! I love the pp you used on both. Thanks for doing the challenge!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »
I had fun doing another card. I went lots brighter with this.
Fun.
Daniel

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
This kind of card is really hard for me( cause I never measure)
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/thumbnails.php?album=96
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
Nice cards, Sheila and Daniel. I have enjoyed seeing all the fun patterned papers.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »
This was a good challenge to get back into it today!  I followed the instructions pretty much exactly (which I rarely do) and got to use up some paper scraps.  I am happy with the result!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3630#top_display_media

I really liked a sketch having the measurements available, although I often change sketches, it is nice to have a starting point too, you know?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
Your card is lovely, Heidi. Yes, I like that they had measurements too. Sometimes you have to guess and keep figuring. Thanks for doing the challenge!