Author Topic: WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
WF18 ART4U                                                                                                          Open until 12pm Sun. 2/11

When I think about how many cards we have made over the years I feel it must be in the 1,000’s.  I think now it’s time to create a little gift for ourselves.

For this challenge you will: create a piece of art that you will frame and display in a place where it will bring you inspiration and a smile.

The only guidelines for your art are no sentiments and no printed papers.  Everything else is up to you including the size and location.

I suggest you look through all the cards you have posted in the AI gallery* for inspiration.  It is okay to re-create something you made in the past.  Before you begin making your art you may want to consider the size frame for your art and where you might locate it.  This may give you more thoughts about the style and colors of your art.

Once your art is completed and in place take a photo and post it in the AI gallery with the title and key work WF18 ART4U. Please describe  details of how you made it.  Also please post any questions on this thread as well as tips you learned from this challenge.

Yes, a random winner will be selected from players of this challenge.

Yes, you can combine with other challenges as long as you also meet the rules of the other challenge too.

*Directions to your personal Artsy Inker card gallery:  Open up the gallery to the last card you wrote a comment on> Click on your name above your comment> A display of all the cards you have posted in the gallery will open.

Happy stamping!...Jan
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:22:17 PM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: WF18 ART4U
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:08 AM »
Tips for finding a frame...do you have any frames that could be recycled for this project?  Or materials that you could be used to make it your own?  I have looked at the local craft stores here and found they have a wide variety from ATC size through 8x10 and larger-some as inexpensive as $1-2.  Also some have an easel backing if you would prefer not to hang your art.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Very cool challenge, Jan.  And I actually have a frame that I bought for a project for the wall in my office that I have yet to start.  It is supposed to be 2 shadow boxes, 2 framed pieces and 3 canvases.  I've got the 2 shadow boxes, one of the canvases and one of the framed pieces done but the other 2 canvases and framed piece have been sitting undone for years now.  So maybe I'll finally get the second framed piece done.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 09:37:26 AM »
Excellent challenge! I will really need to put my thinking cap on for it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »
This is a challenge, but I think I'm up for it!  I have a few ideas simmering.  Sarah, this sounds right up your alley! 

Jan, thanks for the challenge!  The light switch cover in my craft room is still decorated after one of your previous challenges!  I had a soap dish at one time too - alcohol inks don't last on glass soap dishes.  Probably should have sealed it?
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
Thanks for the tip about finding our personal gallery Jan!
Much faster way than the one I usually use😜
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »
I spent most of the afternoon making my project! I was surprised that my idea came together so quickly. I usually have to really think things through. I love birds as you know, so I used a bird stamp that I love and bright colors, because bright colors make me happy. Thanks for the fun challenge! I will be displaying this in my craft room!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3821#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »
I am excited to try this one out!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
I am going to have to work on this, last minute, tomorrow.  I have an idea of something simple that would also be pretty, but I hope it works out, because I have no plan B at this point.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
April you really smashed this challenge by making a piece on art you will really enjoy.  Is it possible for you to share a photo of it where you will enjoy it?
Thanks so much for playing!
...Jan

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
I have my project over my desk area where I work craft most of the time. See picture below.

April :smile:

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
I made a ATC with hot air balloons. Put in small frame from the dollar store.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/4D35D55B-03F5-4D95-9CA8-AC929CF04C04.jpeg

Here is where I put it. On a shelf with more balloons.  It is my dinning room cause that is my craft area.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/9968063A-D00C-4A6D-94F9-43E4B4B4412D.jpeg
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:57:17 PM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
I think this was fun.  I used quite a bit of stamping on my art piece. I think it turned out pretty well. However, I neglected to reread the directions and although I remembered not to use patterned paper, I did forget that I wasn’t supposed to use a sentiment.  Sorry!  So, although I understand this won’t count for the RAK, I am still sharing it here.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3878#top_display_media

I did have to borrow a frame from DS, so I will need to purchase one.  Thanks for the fun challenge!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:06:46 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »
Here is my art piece: http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3879#top_display_media
I had done the rays on Thursday evening so they had plenty of time to dry before I finished it today.  I was gifted the frame from my girlfriend at Christmas to put my pictures from our trips in, but I used it instead for my artwork.  I put it on a table next to the chair that I do my morning bible reading and praying, so even if it is not sunny outside I wake up to a sunrise everyday through the picture and since my two favorite things are sunshine and hearing the birds sing that is what I used. My favorite picture of my hubby and daughter in another frame that was gifted to me a couple years ago along with a picture of my parents when they were young.  The flowers were an early surprise from my hubby for Valentine's Day, so there isn't normally any flowers on this table.  We weren't suppose to put any sentiment on it but I am going to put the word hope on the frame later, to remind me there is hope in each new day.
It was fun making myself something again :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
So very glad all of you made some art with stamps and products that have a special place in you heart!...happy valentines day to You :smitten:

April-Love you found a place for your art in the middle of all your wonderful products!  Thanks for sharing!

Yankee-ah-h I am so glad to see your balloons...thanks for playing.

Heidi-I was happy to see your framed art in the gallery!  What a great piece...enjoy!

Connie...Oh how great to have a piece of your art where it will bring you not only hope but a smile too when it is already a sunny day.  Thanks for sharing all the other special elements of your table too!