Author Topic: Virtual Classes during "Stay at Home" orders  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Virtual Classes during "Stay at Home" orders
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »
Friday I took a virtual card making class through my LSS, Everything Scrapbook & Stamps.  ThecardsI made are in the gallery. There were 37 people signed up!  It was fun to get crafty with other people, even if it was long distance.  I was able to watch live.  If you can't watch it live, she will post it to the private facebook group so you can watch later.  I re-watched some of it yesterday to practice backgrounds again with my brayer.

There will be another Virtual Card Making Class on Friday, April 10th.  The time will be from 4-6pm.  I will post a link if you are interested.  Fee is $20.  You will need to be on Facebook to access the class.  Here is the link.  Please note that at this moment (Sunday, March 29th, the picture is of cards we made last Friday.  She will update with new pics and a new supply list).

Next Saturday, April 4th there will be a Virtual Art Journaling class.  $25, includes a stencil.  Class size limited on this one.

Check out Everything Scrapbook and Stamps and click on classes to see more.  She's (Michelle McCosh, store owner) offering a gelli plate class as well.  Here is a link to her class page.

I enjoyed the card class I just took!  Always seem to learn something new.  Would anyone like to join me?  Take a look and see if it might interest you. 

ETA : Please use this thread to share any other online classes you might find that would interest this group.  (or let me know if I should have posted this elsewhere)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:16:29 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Virtual Classes during "Stay at Home" orders
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 12:36:20 PM »
Which ones are you taking, Cindi?

I actually wish I could do the gelli plate one but I think I have another virtual thing I need to do around that time and don’t want to get too busy. 

Maybe I can do the card class? 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:52:17 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:14:16 PM »
Sorry, I should have mentioned, I'm taking Virtual Art Journaling on Saturday, April 4th and Virtual Card Making on Friday, April 10th.

Heidi, what other virtual classes have you found?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 11:26:58 AM »
I signed up for the virtual card class.

So I haven’t seen any new virtual classes.  There are a lot of crafting companies doing Facebook live things, but I haven’t figured out any rhyme or reason to it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:29:54 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
Yay, Heidi!  I'm looking forward to it (virtual card class together).

I got an email from Online Card Classes (Jennifer McGuire's and Kristina Werner's site).

$6 off all online card classes until April 2, 11:59pmET
no coupon code needed

www.onlinecardclasses.com
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Virtual Classes during "Stay at Home" orders. ETA : Free and paid
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
If I get a few minutes, (haha, why do I feel like I don't have time when I have all day?) I want to watch and play along with these :

Clarity Stamps has some free youtube videos to help us get crafty, she calls it an "art workout".  The link below will take you to episode 1.

Clarity Live from the SHAC Shack
SHAC = Safe Happy And Creative
SHAC = Stay Home And Craft
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:17:00 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 11:38:37 AM »
Close to my Heart will be coming out with some “at home” workshops,  I will let you know when I see what they have. I bet some will be scrapbooking but they do have some card classes. 

I haven’t figured out how to join the facebook for the virtual card class yet.  Will I get info for that when my class kit comes?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »
Heidi, you will get an invite through Facebook to join a private facebook group.  The class is via Facebook Live.  I just got my invite today for Saturday morning's art journal class. 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »
Heidi, I think the Virtual card class kits are going out in the mail.  Maybe yesterday and today?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »
Heidi, I think the Virtual card class kits are going out in the mail.  Maybe yesterday and today?

I hope it gets here in time!  I am looking forward to it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 10:19:11 PM »
There is another Virtual Card class taking place on Facebook this Friday night, April 24th from 6-8pm.  You can see samples on the facebook page for Everything Scrapbook and Stamps.  There is a short video.  This week's theme is guy cards.

https://www.facebook.com/ESSinflorida/videos/221705605728426/

If you are interested you need to sign up ASAP so you will get your kit in time for class.  I am signed up.  I've been enjoying the crafty time and almost always learn something new or at least use some supplies I haven't played with in awhile.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »
Here are the cards I made last night in Virtual card class. 
The next Friday Night Virtual Card class will be on May 8th.  If you are interested please sign up as soon as possible.  The post office is slower than "normal" so she is trying to come up with her cards, prep kits and mail them out further in advance.

Theme for the next class sounds like it will be more floral, lace, vintage, shabby chic ...

My kit came in plenty of time for last night's class, but I had to laugh!  The postage stamps on the envelope were not cancelled with a date ... they were just scribbled over with a pen!  Is that what is meant by "hand cancelled" now? 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »
Here are the cards I made last night in Virtual card class. 
The next Friday Night Virtual Card class will be on May 8th.  If you are interested please sign up as soon as possible.  The post office is slower than "normal" so she is trying to come up with her cards, prep kits and mail them out further in advance.

Theme for the next class sounds like it will be more floral, lace, vintage, shabby chic ...

My kit came in plenty of time for last night's class, but I had to laugh!  The postage stamps on the envelope were not cancelled with a date ... they were just scribbled over with a pen!  Is that what is meant by "hand cancelled" now?

I signed up for the next one.  I feel better about signing up this early so I can be more sure my kit will get here in time. Thanks for letting game know!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »
Yay!  I will go sign up too!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »
I got my class kit for the Friday Night Card class today. I am not going to open it till then!
~~Heidi~~