Author Topic: Artsy Podcasts and other Faves  (Read 889 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Artsy Podcasts and other Faves
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:41:23 PM »
Do you have any artsy podcasts you like to listen to?  I've been listening in the car and I save some to listen to on airline flights.  You can also listen right from your laptop.

Here are a few that I like ... please share your favorites.  In most cases I linked to apple podcasts, but there are many ways to listen.  Just google the title and you will find them on the creators' websites, youtube, other podcast platforms like podbean ...

Life Handmade by Scrapbook.com
 Scrapbook.com interviews people like Dyan Reaveley, Wendy Vecchi, Ali Edwards,

Creatives Get Real    Conversations between Sandi Keene and Roben-Marie Smith.    (Roben-Marie used to have a line of rubber stamps called Paper bag Studios).   I linked to apple podcasts, but you can listen through another app called Podbean, or through Roben-Marie's website, youtube, etc.  Many ways to listen, just google Creatives Get Real.

Adventures in Arting.    Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and her mom, Eileen interview all kinds of artists.  They just made it to episode 100!  I linked apple podcasts, but again, google it, there are many ways you can listen.

A Maker's Story.  Ready to Be Inspired? A Maker’s Story Podcast is hosted by Rachel McGough – retreat hostess and lover of all things vintage and handmade, and Linda Barutha -longtime maker and creative business coach. Together they are sharing their conversations with makers who have each taken a unique journey in their creative adventures.  I haven't listened to many of these yet, but they are on my list.

Non crafting :
Our family likes NPR (National Public Radio) they have a lot of good podcasts.  We started listening through our daughter and son-in-law. Cell and radio signals can drop out in the Rocky Mountains, but if you've downloaded several episodes of a podcast or two to your phone and can play through a jack or bluetooth on your car radio, you are set for hours!  Our faves are :

Wait wait ... don't tell me.  Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! is NPR's weekly hour-long quiz program. Each week on the radio you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what's real news and what's made up. On the Web, you can play along too.

How I built thiswith Guy Raz.   Guy Raz dives into the stories behind some of the world's best known companies. How I Built This weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built.

What are your favorites?  Are you a regular podcast listener?  When and where do you listen?

Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: Artsy Podcasts and other Faves
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »
Thank you for the podcasts.  I used to listen to a couple of these and then I lost them and forgot about them.
I think it was when my iPad crashed and I had to reload everything.  I. Had two podcast buttons and only reloaded one of them.  Then the next download didn’t show how to get to the cloud to get stuff back.
So thank you!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »
So I am not super savvy with podcasts. I need to work on that.  The only one I listen to is the American Birding Association (ABA) podcast. 

I do listen to Wait Wait Don’t tell me sometimes on the radio.  Or I ask our Alexa to play NPR and listen to the radio thru “her.”

I will check into the others! Thank you!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:50:24 PM »
I haven't listened to many podcasts, I am more of a visual person, like to see who is talking, LOL!