Author Topic: Glossy Cardstock  (Read 867 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Glossy Cardstock
« on: September 18, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »
I used almost all my glossy cardstock on zoom.  Do you all usually get Ranger or do you know of a good cheaper brand. I don’t mind cutting it down if it is larger sheets.  But there are SO MANY choices on amazon I don’t know where to start.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Glossy Cardstock
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:18:30 PM »
I usually get mine at a stamp show. I think I get it from marcos paper. It is good quality and a pretty good price. I will see if I can find it online. Here is the link. A ream of 25  8 1/2 x 11 is $10.95.  https://www.marcopaper.com/products.php?product=Kromekote-Cover-%28Glossy-Cardstock%29

April
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 09:23:01 PM by stampwilly »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
I have the ranger glossy cardstock in the 8 1/2 x 11 size.  I am getting low too.  I was wondering about trying the technique onto glossy photo paper, I have quite a bit of it that I got when we bought our printer ink, I was going to try it tonight but didn't get around to it yet.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:51 AM »
I forgot about Marcos paper.  Do you know the difference between 12 pt and 10 pt?  That probably is a good price for 100 sheets and that would last a long time.  I have ordered from them before, but not in a long time.

I MAY have some photo paper around from when we printed photos. I know it is different but can never remember what is used for what. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 09:28:14 AM »
I am not sure about the 10pt and 12pt. I took the wrapper off my ream so I don't know. Maybe the site can explain? I did not really look closely at that. I know I just got the cheapest each time.

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »
I tried Kodak photo paper that had a glossy finish but it didn't move at all, soaked right into the paper, so doesn't work at all for this technique

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 08:20:30 AM »
Thanks for the info on the photo paper Connie.

April, the 10 pt is cheaper so maybe that is what you got.  I didn’t see on the website what it meant but maybe it is the paper thickness.  That doesn’t really matter in this case if it is a layer.
~~Heidi~~