Author Topic: Tim Holtz-Question and Answer presentations-Saturday AM  (Read 824 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Tim Holtz-Question and Answer presentations-Saturday AM
« on: March 07, 2021, 01:37:15 PM »
Tim demonstrated his favorite basics for each of his 2 products and techniques.  1st with glazes and  and then he began sharing ideas for using crayons at 1:06. Total time for the replay was approx. 3hours.  Lots of great information especially if you are new to these products!  Tim plans on offering a replay of his Sat.video's on You tube weekly. And will probably will showcase 2 products weekly.

He did share a caution that most coloring products will become not usable in time, no matter how much you use them or never open the lid.  Buy what fits your likes

PS.  (i certainly learned this lesson after moving to Ohio.)...Jan
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 02:22:05 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Tim Holtz-Question and Answer presentations-Saturday AM
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »
Thanks Jan. I haven’t had much time to watch videos lately.

I was wondering what coloring products you found you couldn’t use after you moved?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 10:08:41 PM »
Even though I taped the spray bottles to make sure they would not leak nor allow evaporation of the inks. They did evaporate into globs.  I lost about 3 dozen bottles.

All of my distress ink pads were bone dry lucky I had re-inkers....and was able to freshen them by using far more re-inker than my usual.

I had a set of 30 acrylic paints  that evaporated leaving only a few paint crumbles behind. As well my tubes of Inka Gold and stickles could not be recovered.

The moving company crated everything.  Perhaps  my products got too hot in the summer to be transported.  But most of these products I had used frequently over 20 years.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »
I watched about half of it last night, I don't think I would use the glazes enough so I probably won't invest in them, hubby found some watercolor crayons he bought many years ago and forgot about so I may try those before I buy his and see what I think, but I don't know that I would use those enough either to invest in them.

So sorry to hear about all you lost in the move, I imagine cold or hot any extreme temps can mess those up.  I have bought some Nuvo markers that work really well and then I have bought some that are dried up or have dried up soon after opening so just a heads up if you are thinking of purchasing any of those.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
I only have 1 container of TH glaze that I purchased to experiment with. At this point I am really not thinking of doing much with the glaze products.  I did enjoy watching Tim's techniques for coloring the die cuts.  I think that would add a mixed media look to a few cards...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing Jan!  I'm just now seeing this.  I need to learn more about the glaze.  I bought a few colors after seeing how he used them on the paper dolls.

I gave my distress crayons to my sister.  (And then of course I watched Tim use his crayons with the new patina ink color yesterday). Still, I can probably do the same with another product.  I found I like my gelatos and Neocolor II watercolor crayons better.  Oh, I just found that I did keep 3 metallic distress crayons. 

Speaking of drying up!  ugh!  I went to the scrapbook store Friday and she recently demoed a Sizzix wax rub.  I debated getting it but it's almost $9 for a tiny glass jar (which may be a good thing because it might be less likely to dry up?, the store owner said she has had hers for quite a while).  Anyway, I resisted, for now.  I checked my Viva Inka Gold before I left for the store and they are all dried up!  I think I did try to rehydrate at one point.  So, because I apparently rarely use metallic rubs (I also have some that came in a clear plastic case and look like a watercolor pallete), I didn't buy more.  What do you think?  Save the Inka Gold or purge?  They are really dry!  One or two little pots of Sizzix would take up way less space than 4 or 5 pots of Inka Gold ...

I'm also sorry you lost so much in the move, Jan!  After so carefully selecting what you wanted to move ... that had to be sad.

I have some rarely used Dyan Reavely sprays ... I should check on them.  They languish in a drawer.  I can't seem to spray anything without getting it all over the place.

ETA : product I saw demoed was Sizzix Luster wax, and by the way, it does smell really good, and I think that is a preservative.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:37:03 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »
I have some inka gold that looks like it is starting to dry up too and wondered what to do with it

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 06:53:29 AM »
My Inka gold dries out all the time. I just put a little water in it. Close it up.  Let it sit for a day. Then stir it up. It seems to still work out.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »
thanks I will give that a try

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 10:51:49 PM »
Thanks for reminding me Heidi, I think I have tried that before with the Inka.  I still have it.  No need to buy more as I've used so little of it that it's drying up.
Cindi