Author Topic: What have you found useful to 'unlearn'?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
What have you found useful to 'unlearn'?
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »
Regardless of how long or intensively any of us have been stamping/crafting, there's a good chance we 'learned' something & then found that 'unlearning' was a good thing,

Case in point... When I first learned to create & use masks, I was all about being 100% perfect in the cutting & placement. 20-30 years down line, I found that loosening up wasn't a bad thing.

Yes. I still do some masking where I want the masks & their position to be 'spot on', But I've also allowed myself to go beyond what I learned & not sweat what others my think. Long as I can like what I do, I'm ok.

What unlearns have you found?
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: What have you found useful to 'unlearn'?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
Mistakes are not throw-aways! I can use it with something else one day and it will look great with that project! :D

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
I think I had to unlearn that I wasn't good at art.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »
I think I had to unlearn that I wasn't good at art.

Ain't that a revelation, pal! WTG!  O0
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »
Mistakes are not throw-aways! I can use it with something else one day and it will look great with that project! :D

Stampwilly

LOL, April! GFY (good for you). I learned that one too. The 'unlearn' for me is knowing when it's time to do some 'throw-aways'. :D
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »
I have to unlearn that I do not like chevrons.  I keep seeing more and more things done with the chevron that I really like---the latest--Daniel's patriotic flag! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
I have to unlearn that I do not like chevrons.  I keep seeing more and more things done with the chevron that I really like---the latest--Daniel's patriotic flag! 

I hearya, Melissa! Having been part of the crafting community for a few years, It used to frost my butt when everything I saw was this pattern, style, etc. Took me a while to dis-connect myself from judging what was popular simply because it was popular.
Daniel