Author Topic: Image searches  (Read 530 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Image searches
« on: July 23, 2022, 07:42:28 PM »
Does this bug you and send you on a hunt?

There used to be a store not too far from Denver called Affordable Scrapbooking.  They sold new supplies, but what I liked most was to sit at a table with a bin of pre-owned stamps and sift through looking for treasures.

Today I found a pre-owned stamp that I had brought back to FL for my mom.  It is a red rubber cling stamp, brand new, and when I stamped it out it looked so cute!  There is no identifying information on it ... I want to put it in a stamp pocket and file with my stamps but it was bugging me that I knew nothing about it.  I always write the name and the manufacturer when I can.

So I went on a hunt!  I looked at lots of images, I looked at Ebay and Etsy.  It looked close to a Hero Arts image that kept popping up so I looked at Hero Arts, and VivaLasVegasStamps ... no luck.   I thought about sending the image to Daria!  She's a good sleuth!
Or, posting the image here ... Then I started searching for how to search!

This site came up that pertains to postage stamps but the instructions worked perfectly!

How to Image Search

I still had to do a bit of sleuthing.  The very first image that popped up perfectly matched my stamp, but, it was posted on a San Joaquin Literacy website.  Luckily I looked anyway and YES, they credited the owner of the image!  Still, I went to the owner's site.  She's an author and book illustrator among other things and I found no mention of this stamp.  She even has free coloring pages on her site but not this image.  You know how it goes down the rabbit hole?  I'm not even sure how I finally found it.  Maybe I started searching different things on her blog?  Like San Juaquin and "books" and "fairy", maybe I finally searched "stamp"?!  I think that was finally it, and I found it! 

So here it is:

Reading Fairy
illustrated by Elizabeth Dulemba
a red rubber cling stamp that used to be available at The Greeting Farm

Elizabeth Dulemba's post about her collaboration with The Greeting Farm

I don't think it's available any longer.  I couldn't find it on the Greeting Farm website.  A member of the Greeting Farm design team commented on Elizabeth's post with a link to her colored image.  Way back in 2009. 

Sorry for showing an image you can't get any more, but at least now you know how to search for a stamped image.  With a "reverse image search"!

If in fact, you do want a copy of this image I will stamp some out and mail to you!

Phew!  Mystery solved!  Back to putting away the crafty supplies I brought home from Mom's house!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Isn't she cute?  :smitten:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 07:50:17 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Image searches
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »
Oh, boy.  Cindi, this sure sounds familiar.  The Hunt.  That's a darling image!  I googled it because when I first read your post, it wasn't there.  There were other images that were very nice by the same artist.

Thanks for the tip for searching for images.  I often click on the word "Images," but I never noticed that little camera icon before.  Very cool.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 08:01:55 PM »
Ha!  The image wasn't there because I forgot to add it, then had to remember HOW to add it!

Oh, and if you want, I guess at some point it WAS a coloring page so you can print and color your own image if you'd like.

here

But, the offer still stands if you want me to stamp you an image.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 08:50:47 PM »
Wow I don't know if I would have the patience for that.  I hate how Northwoods wooden stamps don't have the name of their stamps on the block just a stamped Northwoods stamp and I think maybe a year. Glad you finally found it, enjoy going through the rest of the stuff :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 09:37:23 PM »
It turned in to a quest, ha! 
Cindi