Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2022  (Read 445 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - November 2022
« on: November 02, 2022, 07:22:08 PM »
I have two prompts again this month.  As always, use one or both or none! 

1.  Paint an image - anything requiring a paint brush or water brush.  Paint with any medium.  Watercolor pencils or waterbased markers blended out with a brush count too.  I've been painting Wendy Vecchi images using archival reinkers and 91% rubbing alcohol. 

2.  Make a special card.  Do you make a special, one of a kind card for your husband, kid, grandkid, or sibling?  This is a good time to do it.

I signed up for a card class with Wendy Vecchi.  I missed the live video while we were on vacation but I watched the replay yesterday.  She likes to paint with alcohol reinkers diluted with 91% rubbing alcohol.  A month or so ago I made some backgrounds after watching one of her earlier Facebook videos.  I wasn't sure I would use the rubbing alcohol again.  The smell bothered me and gave me a headache.

Well, guess who can't smell this week?  Me!  I'm not sure if it's because my head is so stuffed up with a cold or if I have Covid rebound.  I tested negative yesterday.  Last night I decided it would be the perfect time to paint with rubbing alcohol again.  It didn't bother me a bit, ha!
That is the ONLY perk I can think of.  I'm sick of being sick.  At least this round I don't have the horrible sore throat.    I don't have a fever either, so that's reassuring.  I read somewhere to test again 24 - 48 hours later if you test negative but have symptoms.   I'll test tonight or tomorrow.  Not leaving the house in the meantime.  Maybe I'll feel good enough to work on some Christmas cards.  Last round of Covid I felt too lazy to even think.  Last night was a little better.  I did a bunch of fussy cutting and "painting"  Wendy's images.

Looking forward to seeing more Christmas cards.  I really love what you did last month!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 09:41:03 PM »
I will have to see what I can come up with.
So sorry to hear you may have a rebound but glad it isn't as bad as the last time if it is.
Good time to use the rubbing alcohol, they do make some neat backgrounds.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 04:45:48 PM »
I made a card with some of my fussy cut and "painted" Wendy Vecchi images.  The crackled background piece was made a few months ago after watching WV make backgrounds on FB using archival reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.    It was much nicer painting the tag and poinsettia when I couldn't smell the alcohol!  Stamped foliage and assembled the card today.  I guess Wendy took a poll at some point and more people requested tags than cards.  I need cards so I made my tag in to a card. 

I hope to make more.  I have quite a few painted poinsettias made.

Merry tag card

Ok, I went back and added a few things to my card.  A few more berries and some pen-stitching around the edge of the tag.
Here's the original.  Should I have stopped when I was ahead or do you like the changes?  Don't be afraid to say what you think  ;)
I may have gone too far.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 05:34:02 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 08:15:45 PM »
I do like the extra stitching you added to the tag, I am one of those that like more than less :)
I could even see doing it on your background piece too.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm glad you like the prompts April.  Your watercoloring with Distress inks turned out really nice.  Good idea to use what works best for you!  The partridge image is so pretty!  I bet it is even better in person. 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 12:09:54 PM »
I finished 5 more cards using Wendy Vecchi's stamps and the techniques learned in her FB class.
I stamped and fussy cut some of the images and painted them with archival reinkers mixed with 91% Isopropyl alcohol.  Lots of the foliage images are stamped, partially stamped, second generation stamping, etc. to get a full arrangement.

Candle
gifts
Merry Christmas
ornaments
Birdhouse Wreath

TFL! 
6 cards down, lots more to go!

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 04:50:16 PM »
Sorry it has taken me so long to post my cards, I tried water coloring with Daniel smith paints, Aqua markers, zig markers and water pencils, only liked how two of them came out but ended up making a card with the 3rd anyway because Greg said it wasn't bad enough to throw away, LOL.

The first one I am sharing is the one I didn't really like coloring with the pencils

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5895#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5896#top_display_media

This last one is my favorite

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5897#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 09:36:40 AM »
I did this for a challenge on the newtons nook site but thought I would share here too

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5902#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 06:39:10 PM »
You've been busy Connie!
Thanks for sharing all of the cards, not just the painted ones.  I'm glad Greg saved the one you didn't like, haha! 

You did a nice job of showcasing the Graphic 75 images and the Bo Bunny paper.  That's not as easy as it seems it should be! 
Cindi