Author Topic: Christmas All Year - December 2022  (Read 379 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - December 2022
« on: December 08, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »
Wow, time flies!  Again.  I probably say that every year!

Hmm, for December's prompt :

Use foil - preference for foil flakes, heat or pressure sensitive foil, foil paper
If you don't have foil or it's too much trouble, any metallic paper or accent is fine.

Thanks so much for playing along all year.  I love seeing what you make!

Did any of you buy Rinea foil paper?  I  bought some at a craft show and I don't think I've used it yet.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 08:25:14 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - December 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 09:43:32 PM »
I think I have some of that foil paper, I bought it and then forgot what I saw I wanted to use it for.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 09:10:08 PM »
Well, I didn't use foil, but I got 20 more cards made. 
I thought I might foil some pre-made, laser ink printed, mini slim card fronts I bought last year but instead decided to use the "charming snowman collage" die from Memory Box.  Of course we got two cards from people who rarely or never send to us so we mailed two more today.  I think I have only 1 finished card left. 

Charming Snowman Collage

Thanks so much for playing along all year.  I love the cards you posted and especially love the cards that came in the mail for Christmas!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 09:45:39 PM »
I didn't end up getting to that challenge, so much going on this month.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 11:46:29 PM »
I finally made Landry's Christmas card today!  I sent a family card a few weeks ago, but I wanted to make Landry her own card and just didn't get it done.  My brother sent a few gifts for Landry to our house, not knowing she wasn't coming for Christmas this year.  My other daughter had a book or something she wanted to send, and a treat for their dog.  I wanted to send Landry the two small potholders I made for when she plays in her Fisher Price playhouse kitchen or for when she helps out in the real kitchen.  So I put together a box and made her the card I'd been planning.  Took all afternoon and evening but it's done and the box is ready for mailing!  In between I was catching up laundry and we watched bits and pieces of football and the Everest movie too.  Now I have a mess to clean up!

Landry's Dancin' Gnome card

Anyone else still making Christmas cards after Christmas?!

This week is actually one of my favorite times to make Christmas cards.  I'm still in the mood for Christmas crafting and usually (not in this case) the pressure is off and I'm just way ahead for the next year.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 09:54:58 AM »
The candy canes and bow stamps and dies were in window #23 of my Crafters companion advent window, so I thought I would give them a try making a card.  I forgot to post it here until Cindi asked if we were making any cards.  I usually take a break from making them in December after making them all year :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5910#top_display_media

Cindi I watched a video a girl did of opening every window of her Spellbinders advent calendar all at once, looks like there were some really nice things in there, I was especially excited about the bird, was wondering if you have cut the bird die yet and put it together?  I am a bit bummed I didn't get that this year.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »
No Connie, I haven't die cut the bird yet.  In fact, I started out strong on Day 1 and cut the mailbox and tiny little envelope and that's about as far as I got.  I didn't make anything with it yet.  There is a nice banner too, I think I cut it just to figure out how it works but didn't keep it? I don't see it around.  That could keep me busy for a long time, playing with the contents of the Advent Calendar.  I know there are more videos out there I haven't seen.  I bet I could make some Valentines with the goodies in the calendar. 

I really like your candy cane card!  I'll have to see if I can find a Crafter's Companion advent calendar video.  This was the first year Spellbinders did a calendar and they sold out very quickly. 
Cindi