Author Topic: Springfest 2023 - One Layer with a Twist *** we have a winner***  (Read 752 times)

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
Welcome to SpringFest 2023! 

My challenge to you is to create a one-layer card.  There are two options for a "twist."

1.  Create a one layer card by starting with your background.  Cut a shape out with a die.  You will be left with what I refer to as a stencil.  Tape your stencil down and get creative with stamping, stenciling, etc. inside the open area.  Keep it one layer.  The twist is in my example, you can stamp outside of your finished background. 

2.  The second choice is to stamp your background in an the open area of your stencil.  Additional masking may be required.  The twist here is to use complimentary stamps that coordinate with your main image(s) to add dimension. For example, I used seashells to enhance the view of the ocean underground by die cutting and using pop dots.

Use SpringFest 2023 - One Layer with a Twist.

Please put your card(s) in the gallery with the above title, and please include your stamped cards in your message saying that you completed my challenge. 

One random winner will be selected to win a prize.

Happy stamps - Get Creative!

P.S.  Stamps are all Lavinia except for seashells.  Those are SU.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 07:07:29 PM by Canadian, eh »
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Springfest 2023 - One Layer with a Twist
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 03:52:54 PM »
These are so pretty! Looks like a fun technique.

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 07:19:45 AM »
How pretty! I will need to put on my thinking cap to get a theme.  This will be fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 04:54:59 PM »
I like these that look like you have more layers, neat!

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 04:49:57 AM »
Connie, the second card does have an additional layer.  I'll go back and make it more clear in instructions in #2 above.
Beth

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 11:43:03 AM »
Thanks for the challenge Beth!  I have a few ideas floating around in my head.  I like your samples.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 10:56:26 AM »
Here is my card. I used 2 stencils and 4 stamps. Thanks for the fun challenge!

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5981#top_display_media

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 11:25:35 AM »
April it's beautiful.   I love how you added fish outside of your stenciled area.
Beth

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:28:36 AM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 12:29:33 PM »
Wow.  Yankee these are just so cute!  Thanks for playing.
Beth

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023, 04:59:50 PM »
I hope that mine follows the directions.  I tried.  Let me know if it doesn’t and I will redo this.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5988#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »
Thanks for the challenge Beth.  If it doesn't meet the rules, exclude me from the RAK.  I cut an egg shape stencil from card stock on my Silhouette Cameo because I don't have an egg shape die.  I really need Easter cards and wanted to do an egg.  I think Ellen Hutson released egg dies this season if anyone is looking.  I know it's late for this year.

Happy Easter

FYI : I thought I could trim away the easel in the bunny die cut image and paint over any extraneous lines with Dr PH Martin's Bleed Proof White.  I think I COULD HAVE if I had stamped with dye based ink.  However, I stamped with Versafine pigment ink and it resisted the white!  Instead I had to do closer trimming and I used Fiskars finger loop detail knife to scrape away a few lines.

Here is a link to what the Colorado Craft image looks like before trimming.
https://www.coloradocraftcompany.com/product-page/aj503-anita-jeram-art-is

I just had to buy that stamp and die set after April mailed me a card using it with a RAK from one of our previous fests.

Fun challenge!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 11:32:14 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023, 03:40:46 PM »
Beth I hope I did these right, I did this first one, it is a set of scene stamps you can put them together anyway you like to make a scene, I actually used 6 stamps from the set to make the card

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5993#top_display_media

Just in case that wasn't what you wanted I made another (need Easter cards desperately)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5994#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2023, 03:44:22 PM »
Ok I just went and checked out everyones and realized that I must have had to use a stencil in my card somewhere, guess I totally missed that when reading

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2023, 06:35:50 PM »
Connie your cards are gorgeous!!!
Beth