Author Topic: Springfest 2023 Bursting out-- We have a winner  (Read 730 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Springfest 2023 Bursting out-- We have a winner
« on: March 25, 2023, 11:17:28 AM »
I did another card for our challenge.  I chose a fairly small image so I would have room to fold back the center portions.  I colored the image and then I chose a die that was close to the size of my image, took a 6x6 paper and centered the die that was close to the size of my image and made little marks on the outside of my die to know where to cut my x from corner to corner, then peeled back the strips. I used a thick foam dot to put under each one so that they wouldn't be crushed in the envelope, although I plan on hand delivering this one. I added the brads to hold done each peace going around.

Here is the finished card: http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5961#top_display_media

Hope I was able to explain all that, I didn't have any instructions I just saw one on Pinterest that didn't lead anywhere so the above is just how I did mine.  I would like you to use a stamp as your image, you don't have to have pattern paper as your base, that is just what I used to make it easier for me to line every thing up. And I like the look of double sided papers.

Please use Springfest 2023 Bursting out when posting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 07:22:14 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Springfest 2023 Bursting out
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 11:26:58 AM »
I had to do a double take, but now I get which parts are folded back.  Thanks for the challenge!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 11:57:02 AM »
Your card is really pretty.  I have a feeling I will be cutting that x more than once before I get it right but I think this sounds fun.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 03:35:38 PM »
I agree with Heidi about making the x. This is so pretty!

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 04:49:43 PM »
I used a x-acto blade with a steel ruler to get a cut from one corner to the other, that worked the easiest

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 04:53:45 AM »
I love that you posted this as our challenge.  I made this design years ago and have been looking for directions to do it again.  Yipee.
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 01:07:59 PM »
Here is my card. The most problem for me on this card was finding a good image and patterned paper! LOL! The x was easy.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5985#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 03:59:31 PM »
I was going to repeat what April said and say that finding the paper was the hardest part.  It is AMAZING how little double sided patterned paper I have.  However, the actual hardest part was finding the exact o knife to cut.  DH must have taken the one in my craft area and I had to search up and down to find one.  I did mess up on my x cutting but very luckily, it didn’t happen to cut through so I could redo it!

Here is my card!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5995#top_display_media

Thanks for the fun challenge!  It’s great to have a new masculine card.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 04:13:24 PM »
Both your cards look great

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 05:30:54 PM »
Ugh!  I was so worried about getting the opening in the right spot, and then having room for the flaps to fold back ... and then getting the brads in the right place.  ha!  I don't know why this was so stressful!  And even after all the stressing I'm not totally happy with the size of the opening or the folds.  Oh well.  It's handmade, not Hallmark!

Pros :  I played with Rusty Pickle patterned paper I've been "saving" for years.  Used an old favorite SU chocolate bunny stamp, still on it's wood block :).  Used brads that I haven't used in forever.  I also stamped and die cut another image that I didn't think worked well for this technique ... and I've had that for a few years and it had never been stamped.  So this was a good challenge! 

Now to pick up the huge mess I made!

Happy Easter
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 06:08:17 PM »
Cindi!  I looked and I couldn’t find any brads at all so I just left them off. I used the foam dot like Connie said in her description and left it at that.  That is great that you used some paper you had been hoarding.  I haven’t even heard of that company!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 09:27:15 PM »
Cindi you did a great job, so sorry it was so stressful, but nice you used some goodies you haven't used before and some old ones too, like the brads, I still have quite a few myself :)

Heidi, I would have used some gems instead of the brads but it looks ok without them too.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2023, 11:28:03 AM »
Yeah, the gems or an enamel dot are good ideas. I will see what I have. I guess i would just put a glue dot underneath the paper to have it work like a brad. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2023, 02:09:24 PM »
Connie, don't worry about the stress.  I bring it on myself!

I just used the other stamp, that I didn't end up using for this challenge, to do the Bingo Twist.  Heidi, if you're wondering about Rusty Pickle, I talk about it a bit on that thread. 

Connie, do you remember Rusty Pickle?  Or is it just me?  They had some fun, quirky designs.
Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2023, 03:10:08 PM »
Heidi and April, your cards turned out so well.  Heidi, your papers are so awesome.  You've inspired me to make a masculine card with this technique.  One never has enough masculine cards.
Beth