Author Topic: Christmas All Year - April 2023  (Read 650 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - April 2023
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:41:46 PM »
Thank you Heidi for providing a suggestion for this month's prompts!

1.  Feature snowflakes
2.  Use your snowflake stamps to make a Four Corners card.

Of course prompts are always optional.  If you just want to use snowflakes in any form, that's fine.  Or not at all, as the mood strikes, fine too!

Two videos

April's challenge, includes a video.

or

Here is a link to a youtube video using snowflakes to make Four Corners cards.

Don't forget we have a Christmas Cards All Year 2023 album in the gallery.  Post there and link here.

Happy April!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - April 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 06:24:46 PM »
Oh good idea Cindi!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 06:42:49 PM »
This will be fun.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 08:19:24 PM »
Great idea, who doesn't like to get 4 Christmas cards done at once :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 01:23:19 PM »
I was very happy to use the prompt.  My Hero Arts snowflakes have not been touched lately and they are old. I guess I feel all snowflake sets are a little boring, but not with this technique!  I also decided to go with Penguins to go with them as I realized I had two pretty new Penguin stamp sets purchased in the last year.  I am very happy with my cards even though the picture is funny.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6003#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 08:15:43 PM »
Heidi,
So nice to get 4 cards done, right?!  Your snowflake stamps are really pretty.  You did a great job arranging them.  Your penguins are super cute!  I like the sentiments too. 

I need to try this!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 10:23:19 AM »
Wow, I have to remember to use snowflakes, there are lots of stamps for them.
After Easter, and I get my crafts back out.  I like to craft in the dining/ kitchen space.  That is where the sink is and the TV and the large sliding door for natural light.  My daughter says when she moves and we live together that she will make sure we (she does art also)have a space like that.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:12:58 AM »
Aww, Yankee, that is so sweet of your daughter.  Nice to have a plan!
I think that is why I like crafting in my dining room and kitchen too (more windows).  The bedroom where I keep craft supplies has only one small window.

Keep those snowflakes in mind for after Easter! 

We will be camping for about a week and a half after Easter ... then I can craft again.  If I get my act together maybe I can bring some stamped images to color.

Note to April : plan for lots of natural light in your new craft space!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 02:18:21 PM »
Yes, I have a nice window in my craft room now and I will also have one in the new house. I will also have more light in light fixtures as well.

Here are my cards. I also used a penguin on my snowflake cards. I tried to find something else that would work, but this guy looked a lot better. I am also in the process of making another set of 4 corner Christmas cards. They are not snowflkes, but the stamp I used was just perfect for the technique. When I finish them, I will post them.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6004#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 09:55:46 AM »
I purposely put my table right in front of my window so I would have good lighting, and I can also look up and see what the neighbors are doing, LOL :)

I just put sentiments on my cards

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6005#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2023, 01:54:28 PM »
Here is my other set of cards. I wanted to try the greenery stamp with this technique. I loved how it turned out.

April  :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6006#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 06:50:42 AM »
The greenery works so well!  Great idea!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »
I have spend the week trying to use up a Modascrap 6x6 paper pack.  I can’t remember the name because I cut up and used the cover sheet but anyway, it is old and you probably can’t still get it anymore. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6012#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6011#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=6010#top_display_media

I have some scraps left I plan to use, but honestly I am ready to move on to some springy cards for now, so who knows what I will make next. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2023, 08:04:12 PM »
Wow!  You were busy while I was camping.  Awesome Christmas cards in the gallery! 

I love the discussion about natural light and windows too! 

Heidi you did a great job with the printed paper.  Some smaller, stand alone stamp images can be hard to use, but your layouts and paper make them stand outs!   It's pretty paper, but if you've used most of it and you're sick of it ... toss it and move on to spring.  I had a paper pad that was down to not many sheets, and small pieces and I finally was just done.  It felt kind of good to just toss it!  And believe me, I won't run out of paper and I doubt you will either! 

Your cozy paper is really pretty too Connie, and I like how you used it with the cardinal, and even the printed paper with black snowflakes.  Who'd have thought?  It goes great in that line of paper.

The 4 corner sets all of you made turned out really nice .... I still need to try that again.  The greenery worked really well with that technique, April.  I love the snowflake sets too.  I can't remember having a whole set of snowflake stamps, but I bet I have snowflakes somewhere, even if I mix and match.  Thanks for posting, you gave me lots of ideas! 

I left comments in the gallery.  I was able to get in but now my password is the gobbledy gook one that I was assigned when I couldn't get logged in a few weeks ago and I don't know how to change it! 

Cindi