Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 8421 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Whatcha working on?
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
So have you gotten started yet?  What are you going to tackle first?

I just finished the cheat sheet and need to figure out where I'm going to start.  And making the cheat sheet was more difficult than usual because I had a lap full of pets.  It is kinda hard to fit 2 dogs, a cat and a laptop in my lap at once.   :laughhard:
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:21:52 AM »
Sarah, it looks like your pets want to get in the action too! I just finished Jan's warm up challenge a bit ago. I am now looking through the challenges to see what I want to start on next! Looks like some people have gotten a good start already.

April ;D

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »
I am going to go and look at your cheat sheet ( thank you) and get started on something.  I probably should get dressed first in case I can't talk hubby into grocery store duty.....or maybe not!  I need to throw my work sweaters in the washer cause they all smell like a welding shop and maybe my coats and gloves too....after that it's a crafting Saturday with the Artsy Inkers....... :(
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »
I had a rough start this morning, but am feeling more energetic now.  We have over a foot of snow and it is still coming down so there is some snow day stuff to do as well.  And I feel like I have had more than my fair share of parenting to do the last couple days so I am definitely ready for crafty therapy! 

I just finished the warm up activity, just in time for the deadline. 

I may do LeighAnn's Stamp Your Ground Challenge first, but I am also going to just take a look at the cheat sheet and brainstorm. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
I'm working on April's (stand tall) challenge. Planning to tackle a few other starts since I've (maybe figured out how to do a scan & upload on my friends' puter. Check out my 'layers' in the gallery. ;)
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
I'm finishing up lunch, then it's go time!

I'm not sure which one I'm starting first, I need to look at the cheat sheet again!
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »
I've started on a combo of impress me, stamp your ground, standing tall and material girl.  I've got the background stamped and the base of the standing tall card assembled.  I'm waiting for my impressions to dry.   I think Surprise your Valentine is next of EFink.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
I'm doing what I always do--copying and pasting all the challenges and sample cards into Word documents.  I started doing that way back when Two Peas would crash during our events.  I like having all these ideas at my fingertips so I continue the practice. 

I know myself well enough to know that I won't accomplish anything else today, but I'm tempted--such terrific challenges!

Thank you to everyone hosting a challenge; I'm looking forward to seeing what the participants come up with.

Daria

ETA:  It's weird.  This is the second post I've made today, and with both of them, they didn't show up until I re-did them.  Anyone else have that happen or is the gobblin only at my house?

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
Well, I just finished my challenge post...yeah!  I need to take a break now and then I will be back to work on responses to my warm challenge...the gallery is full of wonderful work on backgrounds. I can't wait to read about everyone's work!
See you again soon....Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
I just finished one more Warm Up Quick and Easy background on a tag (the one with a toothbrush), even though that challenge is over!  I was having fun with it.

I read through all of the challenges.  I was going to try the texture press one but on first hunt, did not see my whipped spackle texture paste and I'm pretty sure I have it; somewhere!

I had an idea for Stamp Your Ground and went with it.  It's ok.  Maybe I'll like it better as a background once I do something with it.

I love the challenge samples!  I'm thinking I might try Daria's Negativity challenge next.

Have a fun crafty day!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
still haven't decided what to do yet, but I am finally all done with the chores I needed to get done, still could use to hand wash a couple things I don't put in the dish washer but they can sit there over night right.... Oh I really need to get a work out done, haven't done that the last few days cause I needed to get out of the house early but I can't put it off again, so after that and a quick shower I will be ready to play, all excited about the different challenges

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »
Oh man, I haven't gotten any further with my craft stuff.  We now have 2 feet of snow and each of us has taken a turn shoveling but we aren't nearly done. 

I did post photos of projects that I had already finished before WF and I printed out the challenge cheat sheet.

I am going to take a look at the gallery, then cook some dinner.  I will be back for Bingo.
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 04:37:01 PM »
I just got on for today. I am reading all the challenges to see what to work on first. I did take a picture of my workspace but haven't posted it yet. I'll do that still. Looks like some great challenges!

Oh, and I want to do the warm up challenge with rubbing alcohol even though it's over ;-)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »
Well, I thought I was going to have all of the posted challenges finished or in the drying stage by the end of today, but then I got on and there were 2 more challenges.   :D 

I just need to finish the fabric flowers, and my standing tall/ stamp your ground/ material girl/ impress me combo will be done.  I finished the Valentine's surprise card and my EFink and Negativity card is drying.  I also worked on a cast using paper towels. 

Oh, and while I was crafting this afternoon, my dog, Dashiell, decided that he needed to be in my lap.  I figured if I let him up, he would get down after 5 minutes because he wouldn't be able to get comfortable.  Nope.  He spent about 30-45 minutes in my lap.  Believe me, it is not easy to color when your dog is using your right arm as a pillow (I'm a righty).  And while he was in my lap, my cat, Nora, came over and started crying because she wanted to be in my lap too.  She even got up behind the tv to see if she could get on my craft desk and get to my lap that way.  She was not successful.  And I eventually transferred Dashiell to the couch with a blanket and he settled in there.

I took some pictures with my kindle since I figured it would amuse you guys.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 06:56:12 PM »
That is freaking hilarious! The only dog I have ever owned that wanted to sit on my lap was a 65 pound dalmation Max.  The itty bitty dog just wanted to sit next to me not on me.  The lap is for kitties.  LOL

I have done Jan's warm up challenge, the negative challenge, the stand your ground challenge, and I just finished the stand tall challenge.  I need to prep some things for lunch tomorrow and get some supper.  I have been watching the West Wing the last few weeks and am in the last season and the last three discs.  I always start to feel lonely as the series winds down on my TV because I know it is going to be over, which is ridiculous since I own the entire thing........

I think I might close down for a while and see what happens after I finish the prep and eat supper.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......