Author Topic: Christmas All Year - August 2022  (Read 891 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - August 2022
« on: August 02, 2022, 10:04:22 AM »
Christmas All Year - August 2022

Well, I already used gold as a prompt so why not silver this month?  Then I thought, if you want you can use silver AND gold ... and immediately Burl Ives started singing in my head, haha!

Here's a blast from the past
Silver and Gold

Prompt :
1. Use silver on your card, with or without gold
2. How about some heat embossing?

Have fun!  Keep the mojo flowing after another fun Winter Holidays in July with Daria.  Don't stop working on your Christmas cards!

As always, prompts are optional but do upload to the "Christmas Cards All Year 2022" album in the gallery and give us a link here!   Can't wait to see what you make!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - August 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
What fun! Thanks to the link to the song. I have never heard it before! Cute video too.

April :smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 06:00:57 PM »
Cindi, I haven't heard that song in years.  Thanks for the link. 

Silver and gold is perfect, but I'm working on a red, white, and green card right now.  After that, I think I'll do something with some silver.  Maybe silver and gold would look really nice with that card. 
If so, it will be the first time I've actually used a prompt.  I should make a list of all your prompts and refer to that list when I need some ideas. 

Daria

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 06:11:29 PM »
I'm going to join in this month.  Haven't for months, so since I'm already making cards, I might as well join in.  My cards fit your theme.  I loved the video.  I watch Rudolf every year.  Even at my age I still have to watch all the old originals.
Beth

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 09:02:02 PM »
Wow April, I'm shocked!  Didn't you watch Rudolf as a kid?  Wasn't that the Christmas Special sponsored by Gillette and the electric razor goes buzzing over the snow drifts?  I still love the old specials.  I think we even have a vinyl record album with Burl Ives singing kids songs! 

Yay!  I hope all of you get a chance to participate.  Even if you don't use Silver, or heat embossing please link up any Christmas cards you make here.  I'd love to see them and I can probably speak for all of us!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 09:29:04 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 10:15:37 AM »
I finished the next set of cards I've been working on--nine of them this time.

Spellbinders Circular Stitch Background

I plan to use silver and gold on the next set.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 10:31:58 PM »
Wow Daria, nine more!  You are definitely on a roll.  These are really pretty.  Thanks for the heads up on the Brushos not dissolving.  Despite the issues the poinsettias look great and match the thread nicely.  Thanks for linking here!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 10:47:32 PM »
I don't understand the Brushos problem.  All of mine are the same age, and all of them worked fine except the Crimson. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 06:24:30 PM »
I finished the first silver and gold card.

Marianne Design Stitching Border--Ice Crystals

Now, I just need to make six more!

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 09:50:39 PM »
Daria, your card is so pretty and perfectly captures the name of the die, Ice Crystals!  Thanks for sharing the tip on getting rid of those annoying dots on our die cuts from the holes for poking them out.  I don't have a cuttlebug, but see, it's a good thing you kept yours!  Good idea to use a machine with a little less pressure.

Thanks for using the prompt!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 09:28:17 PM »
I'm glad you like the prompts April!  Thanks so much for playing.  It must feel good to be done!  I hope you do continue, just for fun and for donating.

Your cards are really nice.  You found clever ways to add silver and gold!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 03:32:28 PM »
April, I loved seeing more of your cards in the gallery.  I'm glad you are continuing to make them.

I made six more of the Ice Crystal Border cards.  I didn't post it in the gallery since it is almost exactly the same as the one I already posted.
Just the center star is different.

I've made 47 cards!  I still need to make a couple for my nephews, aged almost 2 and just barely 4. 

I had a few Christmas cards already made from last year so I think I'm ready for this year.  I can't believe it.  I even made the inserts!

Daria

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:37:15 PM by djc »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 05:30:38 PM »
Wow!  You two, April and Daria are done, or just about … and I’m just beginning!  Good for you!  I’m impressed Daria, that even your insides are done.  You’ll be watching Hallmark movies with your feet up while I’m gluing tiny bottle brush trees or painting amaryllis!

Way to go! 

I think DH has a flight Sunday, maybe I need to declare it Christmas card making day?!
I’m really wanting to make some Halloween cards too. 

For today, I’m lounging next to our camper across the street from Flagler Beach.  I’ll worry about Christmas cards on Sunday!
Cindi