Author Topic: WF16-EFink ---- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!  (Read 6652 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: WF16-EFink
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 08:33:05 AM »
I love the looks everyone is getting whether they got the technique to work for them or not.  I, of course, plan to do this once and have a perfect result.  I've completed the first step:  I picked out which embossing folder I'm going to use.  Do you suppose it would work well with pigment inks? 

Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
I recall that when folks first started inking EFs the pigment ink permanently dyed the folders sometimes.  Also water based inks work best for the type of technique-I find distress ink play best with water and blending.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 11:22:44 AM »
Thanks, Jan.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 12:01:45 PM »
I agree that dye inks will work better for this technique since you use water, but I did not have any issue with them staining my folders when I used a bunch of them for the Bisque technique in the last fest. :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 10:09:16 PM »
Yes I too think that the distress or waterbased inks would work best since they react with water.  I have used distress inks and memento dye inks in my folders, but I don't know if I have tried pigment inks in them

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
I decided to try this one more time just to see if I could get something usable.  I used nonlatex gloves, I felt like a Doctor.  I also used the cheapy card stock that Walmart sells.  I happened to remember that it worked best for some other technique using embossing folders.  Anyway I did need to help the peacock feathers spread but at least it is a usable card, now.  Here it is!.  Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »
I had so much fun trying this one out! I didn't ever get a great result or one I had hoped I would get but I still enjoyed playing with this and in the end I will probably use some of my other trials as card backgrounds.

I tried different sized distress ink pads, different folders, different water spritzers, and both watercolor paper and cardstock. I did find that the ink didn't spread as well on the cardstock and the mini mister seemed to give a more consistent spray of water.

I love the results everyone got, I need to go back and leave praise.
I have tried pigment ink before, I think from colorbox on my EF and it did stain. Plus it was hard to get the ink out of the grooves. I haven't had any trouble with memento inks.

Here is my finished card. Thank you so much for hosting, Connie! It's always fun to play with inks:)
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=85&pid=2435#top_display_media
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
I just love the results you guys got on your cards and such great color combo's too, thanks to everyone who did the challenge

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: WF16-EFink ---- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
The winner of my drawing was:

Carefree Sadie

Thanks to all of you that tried this challenge, so neat to see the results that everyone had with their tries!!

Sadie can you send me your address and I will get out a package soon  ;)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:44 PM »
Yay for Sadie!

This was a great challenge! Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 08:38:32 PM »
Congrats, Sadie.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
Congrats, Sadie!

I really enjoyed working on this one, I think it would be a safe bet to say that you would never get the same result twice!

Thanks for hosting, Connie O0
LeighAnn