Author Topic: INF14 Mixed Media Challenge-Winner Announced on page 4  (Read 14815 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: INF14 Mixed Media Challenge
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »
Sadie, I just got to leave a comment on your blue card, and I wanted to ask: does dipping the flower in wax stiffen it? 
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »
Sadie, I just got to leave a comment on your blue card, and I wanted to ask: does dipping the flower in wax stiffen it?

Yes it does but not harden, harden more like malleable harden......LOL!  You can still move it around some with your warm fingers.  The part I like about it is you can add Pearl Ex and heat with the heat tool and the Pearl Ex will not rub off.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 12:06:39 PM »
Oh that is cool!  I have some beeswax I used sometime when I make my own lotion (though I've been taking the beeswax out lately so this is an idea for what to do with it).  What do you melt it in?-- regular kitchen pot? or the melting pot from TH?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:11:03 PM by CarefreeSadie »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
Oh that is cool!  I have some beeswax I used sometime when I make my own lotion (though I've been taking the beeswax out lately so this is an idea for what to do with it).  What do you melt it in?-- regular kitchen pot? or the melting pot from TH?

Sorry about your post, I thought I hit quote but I apparently hit modify instead.  here is my answer in my own post, sorry again.

If you use the melting pot from ranger you also need to use a project pan which they no longer sell.  So I got a small encaustic pan that I put inside the melting pot from ranger for the beeswax.  (There is always a work around isn't there?)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »
Well I went through and wrote down the names of everyone who played the mixed media challenge and had an impartial person (hubby) pull a name out of a hat and...........Craft Nerd is the winner!  There will be a small token of appreciation on its way to Craft Nerd and kabillions of thanks to everyone for playing along.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: INF14 Mixed Media Challenge-Winner Announced on page 4
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 01:28:30 PM »
Congratulations Craft Nerd!  This was a fun challenge!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
Congrats Craft Nerd!  This was a great challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
Congratulations Sarah!  and thank you Sadie for hosting this challenge and organizing Inkfest!  I learn a lot and this challenge was so fun!! 

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks Sadie for such a great challenge.  I've fallen in love with this technique. 
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Congrats, Nerd! O0

Another way to melt wax & more? Take a can & place it in a sauce pan of water on the stove top. Put the wax in the can & let it melt with the water simmering--not boiling. AND STAY WITH THE STOVE WHILE DOING THIS! It's perfectly safe long as you pay attention! #>
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 03:32:40 PM »
Congrats Sarah!

PS. to Daniel's instructions below.   One of the things you are watching for--keep the wax free from water contamination! If that happens it becomes a whole different ball of wax!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:34:45 PM by Far North »